Dr. Stephanus Busono MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 13th, 2016
horrible
Not good neuro. Find someone else.

June 29th, 2016
AVOID
Scary to think that this guy graduated from med school. he has a very poor knowledge of neurological illness.

September 6th, 2015
awful
Words can't describe how poor of a clnician he is. I went t oanother neuro, and he fixed me right up.

August 17th, 2015
very glad I found him
I walked in the office and was greeted with a smile from the receptionist. I was suffering from a horrible migraine and the receptionist allowed me to take my time filling out the paperwork. Dr. Busono came in and looked over my previous records. Some were missing and his receptionist got them like clock work. Once he finished reviewing my old records he ordered 1 additional blood test. He sent me out the door with a prescription and is now seeing me every 6 weeks to make sure the new meds are working and so far so good. Good medicine starts at the door when you go to this practice.

August 6th, 2015
One of the best
He is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. He is compassionate, helpful and knows his field. He is open to other options and treated me as a person with a brain.

August 1st, 2015
Not board certified
This dr was not knowledgable, and was not friendly either. His website says he is board certified but according to vitals he isn't! I would find a better neurologist. I only saw him because he was on medicaid. No wodner I saw him within a few days from calling. LOL.

June 22nd, 2015
awful neoro
not good! run!

May 21st, 2015
Made me feel like I was going crazy
I have haf some mysterious illness going on for the past year. I have a 5 year history of chronic back pain with diagnoses of degenerative disc disease and herniations. I can't bend, can't lift, and my quality of life is garbage. Recently though, I have developed leg pain and weakness. I used to be a weightlifter squatting 405, but now, i can barely walk. I went to Dr busono after two other neuologists treated me poorly. One ordered an EMG but rushed through it. The other refused to order any other tests other than a simple cmp blood panel. I went to dr busono because it says on ehre he is an expert at emg. My visit with hm was horrible. He was not knowledgeable on a disease I was told I had which is arachnoiditis. This disease can affect the lumbar, thoracic, or cervical spine. He just thought it affects lumbar, and told me I was wrong. I put the disc in his computer, and showed him my nerve clumping and he said ''that's normal''. In addition, I made a huge mistake. Apparently the first neuro i saw is an associate of this guy. As soon as dr. busono saw that I had already seen one of his associates, he said, I can't help you. The emdical field is basically a game of politics. No doctor wants to find something that his associate missed. I also just got my disability benefit cut, and was hoping that dr busono would finally find out what's wrong with me, so I can get my only source of income back. I'm drained with all of tis pain, and it's worse when you get treated so poorly from a dr like this. I won't give up though, I'll find a dr. who will listen to me.

August 30th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
He truly cares about your problem. He is an excellent listener, he explains very clearly so you understand your problem, he cures the problem while directing you how to keep yourself healthy. I highly recommend him!

May 4th, 2012
Very good neurologist. Expert in migraines. Knowledgeable in migraine treatments. Superb bedside manner, very caring and professional.

December 1st, 2011
Worth the travel
I see Dr Busono once a year .Within the last year he moved his practice 20 miles farther away .HE was in an area where neurologists are as plentiful as dentists and I am sure I could see someone else in his old group but Dr Busono is worth thelonger trip. If he didnt know what he was doing , I would be seeing him more than once a year. In network,or out of network, worth whatever extra co pay you have to pay. You will like him and follow his recommendations and becomehealthier!