Dr. Stephen May Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen May?

6 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 6 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 30th, 2014

Do NOT go to this Doctor

Please do not waste your time with this doctor. He is very quick to brush off your symptoms as if they don't exist and I have reason to believe that he doesn't review all information that is available to him, much less determine the importance of it to the patient's health. I wore a heart monitor for an entire month and the monitoring company said they had data for a month when I called them; yet Doctor May said I had not worn the monitor at all! People at work had seen me with the monitor on daily. Then when I got angry about this, after waiting for over 2 hours for him to see me in the first place after my scheduled appointment time, his response to me was, "if I wasn't happy with the service he was providing me, "then I should go somewhere else!" The proper response would be to apologize for a long wait and then he wouldn't believe me when I said I had worn the monitor. Plus he, nor his staff, never explained that I would not be charged for use of the monitor either when they knew beforehand that I could not afford out of network service. So I get an out of network explanation of benefits from my insurance company saying I owed a very, very large amount of money. And the doctor wouldn't even allow me to be angry about this! He felt it was my fault that I was even angry about it. This is a man who is supposed to keep me from stress affecting my heart. Stay away from this man!!!! He needs to learn some general manners and realize that when a person is upset with you, maybe just maybe, they have just cause!!!!!!!

April 11th, 2017