Dr. Stephen Adolfsen MD Patient Reviews

2.3

January 16th, 2015
Dr Adolfsen is HORRIBLE
Brought my granddaughter in to see Dr Adolfsen with knee pain. He sent her for 2 MRI''s and told me she had a sprained ligament. Went on for over a year in pain, sent her to physical therapy and did nothing else even after telling him over and over she was in pain and no better! Well after a year of NO HELP, I brought her to a REAL Doctor and he took one look at the MRI and said she has a torn miniscus. She will be having surgery in 2 weeks and I'll be glad to finally be over this. I would NOT recommend this doctor for my DOG!! P.S. His office staff is the most unfriendly group of women I have EVER met!! If you have a child who needs an orthopedic Doctor, bring them to see Dr Frankel in Linnwood, He's awesome!!

April 22nd, 2013
Dr and PA are amazing but office staff rude
Both my children have been to the Neptune office. Dr. Adolfsen and the PA Katherine, especially Katherine, where friendly, thorough, and spent time with us. I couldn't have been more pleased with them. They know children's bones and they are professional and great with the kids. However, the front office is unfriendly and can be rude. When leaving our last appt, I went to the 1st window to make a follow-up appt and was told to go to the next window (not the problem), at that window the same woman turned her back on me after helping someone else. Thinking she was involved with something I waited, until too much time passed and I realized she wasn't doing anything, and so I said nicely, "excuse me, I need to make a follow-up appt" and she turned around to address me and was visibly annoyed. She looked at my paper work and gave it to the next person, next window, for me to make the appt, and the next person actually rolled her eyes. Not sure why, wrong window, didn't know who handled appts, my son started to cry, I have no idea. When I called to cancel that follow-up appt, my call was dropped once and when I called back I was placed on hold for 7 minutes. Once the person came back to the phone and I let her know I needed to cancel the appt, she was pleasant. Even though I have no doubts the Drs and PA are wonderful, if I ever need a Pediatric Orthopedic again, I will go some place else.