Orthopedic Surgeons

585 Cranbury Rd
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
732-390-1160
Locations and availability (4)

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Esther Lamm on Jun 8th, 2014

Dr Adolfsen has every quality one would want from a Doctor. Apart from his great expertise, he is extremely personable, and has the perfect balance of warmth, sense of calm, patience and humor needed for a child, especially one in pain, as my 5 year old son was in May 2013, when Dr. Adolfsen operated on his badly broken elbow. He scrupulously checked my son's progress on his follow-up visits for the next 6 months, and although thrilled that down to his incredible care and expertise my son's elbow was 100% better, it was a bitter-sweet good-bye that I said to Dr. Adolfsen. I kind of wish that Dr. Adolfsen could specialize in many fields, so that I know if need be, my family and I can go with the best in the future. And all this is despite what I unfortunately have to say about 2 members of his staff (at the East Brunswick office); one being his secretary who is on the fiery side, and who insisted that I complete all the forms before I leave the office with my son with his freshly broken and quickly swelling arm, instead of leaving the office immediately and going straight to the hospital on the instructions of Dr. Bowe whom we initally saw (and whom I was also highly impressed with), who said that the office staff would take care of the forms for me. I told her I could come back the next day to complete the forms, but she refused to let me go. Talk about sensitivity to mother and child, not to mention following the Dr.'s orders! Also, one of the (middle-aged) nurses ( I'm not sure of her name ) came out to my car to meet me with my son and escort us into the office, and as he was in such awful apain (after having fallen off the jungle gym at school about an hour before), wincing with every jolt and turn of the car, I took out the stroller in which to place him and wheel him into the office. I couldn't believe my ears when she said in no uncertain terms that there was nothing wrong with his legs and that he should use them to get into the office, and then made him walk in; a 1-2 minute walk which would normally have taken about 5 seconds. To this day, I am really annoyed with myself for not standing my ground, protecting my child and pointing out her cruelness and insensitivity. I got the feeling that she thought my son was not actually in the amount of pain he was showing obvious signs of. Any sensitive, kind person, even if in doubt, would err on the side of caution and show compassion, especially to a vulnerable child. How she ever went and was accepted into the field of pediatric nursing, I shall never understand. The other staff at the office were excellent; very kind, gentle and professional. On balance, I want to stress that despite my great mis-givings about the 2 above members of staff, I am so impressed with Dr. Adolfsen (and Dr. Bowe), that I would have no hesitation in going back to see them at the East Brunswick office, and this time standing my ground with those 2 members of staff, if need be!

|  Dr and PA are amazing but office staff rude  |  show details
by mother of a 4 yr old and 1 yr old on Apr 22nd, 2013

Both my children have been to the Neptune office. Dr. Adolfsen and the PA Katherine, especially Katherine, where friendly, thorough, and spent time with us. I couldn't have been more pleased with them. They know children's bones and they are professional and great with the kids. However, the front office is unfriendly and can be rude. When leaving our last appt, I went to the 1st window to make a follow-up appt and was told to go to the next window (not the problem), at that window the same woman turned her back on me after helping someone else. Thinking she was involved with something I waited, until too much time passed and I realized she wasn't doing anything, and so I said nicely, "excuse me, I need to make a follow-up appt" and she turned around to address me and was visibly annoyed. She looked at my paper work and gave it to the next person, next window, for me to make the appt, and the next person actually rolled her eyes. Not sure why, wrong window, didn't know who handled appts, my son started to cry, I have no idea. When I called to cancel that follow-up appt, my call was dropped once and when I called back I was placed on hold for 7 minutes. Once the person came back to the phone and I let her know I needed to cancel the appt, she was pleasant. Even though I have no doubts the Drs and PA are wonderful, if I ever need a Pediatric Orthopedic again, I will go some place else.