Dr. Stephen Aoki MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 10th, 2015
Great doctor!
Have seen several orthopedic doctors over the years and no one compares to Dr. Aoki. He is thorough, knowledgeable and makes sure all of your issues are listened to and then he explains his diagnosis and treatment. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a competent, caring physician who really cares about his patients!

July 20th, 2013
Personable and caring
I felt that Dr. Aoki was my ally during a particularly painful time. He was gentle, caring and attentive. He likes to get the job done. Immediately pre-surgery, Dr. Aoki came to my bedside to review the process. I was concerned about the late hour of surgery (6 PM) and asked how HE was doing and I was encouraged by his very positive reaction. It really set my mind at ease. The outcome was better than I hoped and I that part of my body is no longer the source of my pain. I am truly grateful.

November 16th, 2012
Best Ortho Doc
I have received 3 hip surgeries from Dr. Aoki. He really cares about improving the quality of his patients lives. His bedside manner is the best I've ever seen in medicine. Surgery can be a scary and sometimes lonely thing to go through. At the U of U they are very thorough and are there for their patients.

November 7th, 2012
Caring, compassionate, very competent. Would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Dr. Aoki is so kind and so thorough. A wonderful surgeon.

July 26th, 2012
Excellent
I have been fortunate to both work with and be a patient of Dr. Aoki's. Simply put, he is one of the best orthopedic docs around.The negative comments leave me puzzled; Dr. Aoki is an extremely humble physician and one of the most caring and genuine you will find. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

July 8th, 2012
Do yourself a favir find another Dr!!!
Doesn't like making mistakes so instead of admitting fault he blames the paient or fellow staff

December 12th, 2011
Great experience
My experience with Dr Aoki and the entire staff at the University of Utah Orthopaedic Center has been excellent, and I'm very grateful to everyone at the facility from the admin, nurses, physicians, and physical therapists. The doctor and staff have given 100% in the lead up, the surgery, post surgery follow up and recovery. Thank you.

July 27th, 2011
I would highly recomment this physician to anyone who is in need of this type of service. He is very thorough, professional and caring. His staff is awesome and well worth the wait.

September 30th, 2010
Best ortho doc I've ever met. I've had problems from my injury for well over a decade...fantastic, caring, patient, thorough, answered all my questions...the staff was friendly, highly personable, helpful...I truly feel blessed to have found him.

September 22nd, 2010
Doctor Doom?
Not helpful neither staff. Had no clue about my labral tear in my hip and wanted to give me an injection that did not work but caused such severe pain I ended up in the ER and could not walk for 2 days and still can barely walk after 5 days. Wanted to send send me to the pain clinic because he had no idea what more to do. Did not want to discuss it further and wanted me to go elsewhere because all he wants to do is see patients who he can perform surgery on to get money. I am no longer an important patient. His reference to the pain clinic is just a guess. He has no idea.