Dr. Stephen Asher Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Asher?

August 23rd, 2017

Misdiagnosed me with Parkinson's disease. Fell asleep waiting in exam room, he never came in until I reminded staff that I was still waiting.

August 29th, 2016

Wonderful and caring doctor

I have been a patient of Dr. Asher's for many years. I have found him patient, assuring, consistent and willing to listen to me. I found relief and much needed guidance regarding my medical needs and don't know how I would have faired without him. I highly recommend him.

January 28th, 2016

I had been seeing Dr. Asher for a couple of years. Dr. Asher was always friendly with me and tried everything to help me. I am writing this review because of the recent behavior of the front staff. The front staff had always been friendly to me in the past. They were all smiles when I approached the front desk. That all changed as soon as I presented them with my new insurance card. I was unaware that they would not accept my new insurance coverage. Their behavior towards me became cold, disgusted, and they did not even want to help me. No compassion at all. They behaved like this in front of waiting patients, which completely embarrassed me. I was treated very poorly. I told them that I would pay cash to see the doctor, but the disgust and coldness remained. After being treated like a piece of you know what, I walked out after waiting 25 minutes to see the doctor.

January 26th, 2015

Mixed feelings

I was a patient of Dr. Asher's for about 3 years. At first he made some helpful suggestions(which was drugs),but when the side effects got to be too much I asked to stop the drug. He thought that was a bad idea and wasn't too compassionate about my discomfort. Then after that I proceeded to see him another year or so, every 3 months. He was always late and would ask how I was doing, write a refill for pain meds and seem in a hurry to move on. He was a nice man, but I felt that I was wasting my time and stopped seeing him.

March 27th, 2012

Arrogant and condescending

This doctor is one of the most arrogant and condescending doctors I've ever seen. The only nice people were his office staff. I'm on disability and he looked down on me like I was a lower class citizen! He recommended I go to the Mayo clinic for testing and then actually said "Oh wait. But that can be hard for people with your means and income." And he said it in an arrogant manner like I was beneath him. Basically, when it came to any testing that would have to be in office, he's not gonna want to bother cause we all know Medicare wont pay him enough. He ran one MRI and that was it! The tests he said I need done are the ones a neurologist does! He told me that there is something wrong but he just wrote me off. He said to wait until it gets worse. I'm already declining rapidly and he blew me off but had the nerve to say all my other orthopedic specialists didn't know what they were talking about! So unless you have private insurance, he's just going to treat you like some second class person who isn't worth bothering with.

September 21st, 2017