Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2013

He rushes you in and out, he doesn't listen to you. He acts like you're wasting his time. He explains NOTHING, especially after you've had surgery. And, he brushes off any concerns that you have. I wouldn't recommend this guy to my worst enemy. Tried to tell him I was in pain after the surgery, and he didn't even seem to care. Didn't want to explain anything. To me, it was all about him getting a paycheck and not really being a doctor and helping a patient.

|  Wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!!!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2013

No compassion, act's annoyed with you...makes you feel like he has better things to do. On the other hand if you're a young good looking women he's the guy for you. Horrible at explaining things and answering questions. He wants you in and then out. PLEASE go see someone else.

Jul 26th, 2013

I believe he also owns a men's clinic dispensing perhaps testosterone and erection meds. A total Bone Dr.

by Marcus on Apr 5th, 2013

Sounds like some had better luck than we did.

|  got a new lease on life  |  show details
by Debbie Craig on Mar 26th, 2013

My knees were so bad that I had pain all of the time (54 years old) so after several years of putting it off...I scheduled the first total knee replacement for May and Dr Benz did such a wonderful job as soon as I recovered I scheduled the second knee to be replaced. He answered all concerns and provided after surgery care. No infections, no problems at all! Hardly any scars either! Dr. Benz is an experienced surgeon, especially on knees, and I put my trust in his skills. His secretary, Jeannie, is wonderful and takes care of all the paperwork and worries! Office is great and staff knows their stuff. Get your life back & get new knees...I just walked the entire mall for the first time in years and years. NO PAIN

Mar 22nd, 2013

I had a complicated problem that several other doctors couldn't figure out. Dr Benz was able to get it right, explain it to me and then operate on it and make it right. I would recommend him to anybody!

Nov 21st, 2012

Wow, very strange

|  Dr. Benz could care less about you as a patient. He is into himself and the young girls.  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

Dr. Benz has no bedside manner or compassion. He has no idea what the patient is going thru. He is rude, irrogant and spends little to no time with the patient. He does NOT listen to what you are saying. He just goes thru the motions. Would NEVER use him again. Money, Money, Money!!! Still wondering if he even knows my acutual diagnosis or condition and he did my surgery. Will pay for the results of that for a long....time.

|  Lisa  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2012

would not go back

Jun 22nd, 2012

strange man, very odd, shirt appeared to have food on it

Jun 13th, 2012

DR BENZ TOOK X-RAYS AND SHOWED ME A COMPARISION OF A "GOOD" KNEE & THEN THE X-RAY OF MY KNEE. THAT WAS EASY TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEM. HE OFFERED INJECTIONS AS A QUICK AND TEMPORARY FIX AS I WAS NOT WILLING TO JUMP INTO SURGERY. HE MADE IT CLEAR FROM THE BEGINNING THAT ANY INJECTION WAS ONLY GOING TO BUY ME SOME TIME, IF THEY WORKED AT ALL. OVER THE COURSE OF MY TREATMENTS (probably 18 months total) HE FINALLY TOLD ME I REALLY HAD NO CHOICE EXCEPT TO HAVE A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT AND "JUST GET IT OVER WITH"! HE SCHEDULED THE SURGERY ASAP (I was trying to work around a vacation trip scheduled with my family) DR. BENZ DID NOT HAVE AN OPENING ON HIS REGULAR SURGERY SCHEDULE FOR SEVERAL WEEKS (would have not been enough recovery time for me before vacation) BUT FIT ME IN ON A DAY THAT HE USUALLY DID NOT DO THIS PROCEDURE SO I COULD STILL GO ON VACATION! NOW HOW MANY DOCTORS WOULD DO THAT??? HE TOLD ME UP FRONT THAT THE RECOVERY WOULD NOT BE PLEASANT BUT IT WAS SOMETHING THAT I WOULD JUST HAVE TO GET THROUGH. I DID APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT HE TOLD ME STRAIGHT UP THAT I HAD NO CHOICES LEFT EXCEPT SURGERY AND LET ME KNOW IT WOULD BE TOUGH, BUT IT HAD TO BE DONE. WHEN IT WAS TIME TO GO HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL I DID NOT THINK I WAS READY BUT HE WAS FIRM IN TELLING ME I WOULD RECOVER BETTER AT HOME AND HE WAS RIGHT, ALTHOUGH I DID NOT THINK SO AT THE TIME. GREAT DOCTOR WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND WHAT HIS PATIENTS SHOULD BE DOING! MAYBE A LITTLE "DIRECT" BUT I PERSONALLY NEEDED THE PUSH, NOT SUGAR COATED CHOICES.

|  The WORST Dr. I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2012

During my first appt with Dr. Benz, an MRI was ordered, which I completed onsite that day. Evidently, one has to make a follow up appointment with Dr. Benz in order to get the results. This was NOT communicated to me. After I called and made an appointment, two weeks later, I was given the results of my MRI. Dr. Benz read from his medical file - in medical terms and said "You would not understand this". When asked for further explaination, he declined. Basicaly sending me to his "back guy" as he called it was the only way I would get further information about my MRI and treatment for the problem. This was after I waited an HOUR to get this info. My time with Dr. Benz lasted no more than 10 minutes for each of the two visits I had with him. Dr. Benz is condisending, rude, and makes a person feel like he is just going through the motions to get to the next patient. More patients, more money. I HIGHLY recommend that anyone with an orthopedic issue SEEK ANOTHER DR. Please do not waste your time or your insurance money as I did.

Dec 25th, 2011

Strange, large, fellow

|  treated me like a child  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

I was 32 when I visited him and he treated me like a child. He was unable to help me out. He acted like I was an inconvience to him.

Nov 25th, 2011

Nov 7 has it right.......read about this guy

Nov 8th, 2011

The ease in getting an appointment should have tipped me off. He conversed with my husband but pretty much ignored me and my questions. He said I would be back asking for surgery. Well, I may need surgery but I guarantee he won't be the one to do it. Was very glad to leave his office and will not return. I do not recommend this doctor!

Oct 18th, 2011

I would not go back

Sep 2nd, 2011

".."........"............ Very strange.

Aug 3rd, 2011

Would not give test results over the phone. Had me come in for office visit that lasted 30 seconds to tell me everything was all right. I guess he needed the copay.

Jul 12th, 2011

Dr. Benz had to redo my surgery a second time due to his failure to get it right the first time.I paid the cost of the surgery center. he waved his fees. I wouldn't recommend him and I won't go back.

Jul 4th, 2011

disciplined by mo board of healing arts

Jan 11th, 2011

Slow, no confidence in his diagnosis

by Judy on Nov 12th, 2010

He is a very helpful, intelligent Dr. He has a wonderful personality and has done several operations for me which have been such a success! I'm happy I found him.

Oct 15th, 2010

be carefulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

|  Be careful  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2009

Dr spent time smiling and talking to young gals during my visit.

Sep 26th, 2009