A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Bharucha:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Bharucha, Gastroenterology is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Bharucha, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Bharucha graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Bharucha has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
- Westchester Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bharucha accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Evercare - 7 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen B. Bharucha practice?
Dr. Stephen Bharucha practices Gastroenterology near Bronx, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Cortlandt Manor, NY.
See Bronx Gastroenterologists.