Dr. Stephen Blank MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 19th, 2015
Horrible
Do not go to this doctor! I had a 'routine' hysterectomy and he maimed me for life. It's been 12 yrs and I'm still dealing w horrible results of this doctor

June 15th, 2015
Been seeing him for over 15 years - Just a wonderful man

January 8th, 2015
Best continuity of care for Obstetrics in the city!
Wonderful experience! Very personable office, everyone from the receptionist to the office manager to the nurses were accessible and helpful. Dr. Blank spent a lot of time with me for my OB first appointment, and most important, as he is a solo doc, I will be seeing him for every exam, Knowing that I will get continuity of care with a doctor who is older and very experienced is worth its weight in gold.

March 19th, 2014
CARING, COMPASIONATE, BRILLIANT!!!
I had my first child with a very large, impersonal practice in Atlanta. It was a very disappointing experience for my husband and me because there was no continuity of care. Each visit, I saw a different doctor or midwife who knew nothing about me or my pregnancy. I didn't even know who would deliver me, it was a crap shot. My co-worker told me about her experience with Dr. Blank, who is a solo practitioner. My experience with Dr. Blank has been amazing - I see him each visit, he really knows me and my husband and he knows and cares about both my medical conditions and me as a person. His expertise and knowledge is beyond compare - he is just amazing, and is very patient, kind. He always calls you back immediately, and most amazing - you actually speak to a person when you call - his staff, especially his nurses, Karen and Robin, are so warm, caring, friendly, sweet, and also so knowledgeable and approachable. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Blank and his practice!!!

December 30th, 2013
Worst Experience of My Life
This doctor and his staff are horrible and impossible to get in touch with. I had surgery to remove some endo and couldn't get in touch with him for 3 days after it. I was incredibly disappointed in how I was treated and the experience left me in tears. Don't go here unless you want to be treated with disrespect and not have any phone calls returned.

May 19th, 2013
A hysterectomy I didn't need
Dr. Stephen Blank performed a hysterectomy on me that I didn't need. I told him that the abdominal pain I was having was relieved whenever I used Magnesium Citrate to have a bowel movement and that I wasn't having any pelvic pain. I asked him for something similar to the Magnesium Citrate because I'd been told my Magnesium levels were elevated. He pretended he didn't know what I was talking about and left out of the room. After the hysterectomy I still have the same abdominal pain. Two other doctors told me I didn't need the hysterectomy. This man is a sadistic, vile, person, masquerading as a doctor. I would not and have not seen him again.

February 1st, 2013
IDr Blank was the third gyn I went to for relief from menopause discomfort and pain. I was really impressed with the fact that y first meeting with him took place in his office rather than the exam room. He was very welcoming, open and attentive and really listened to my concerns. He then geared the exam around the issues I presented. After the exam I again met with him in his office to discuss treatment options. And guess what - they worked! No more pain or discomfort! Dr. Blank spent a good hour with me - more time than the other three gyns combined! He is an excellent doctorand deserves my highest praise and thanks!

August 22nd, 2011
Dr Blank is tops in his field!
Dr. Blank is tops in his field! He is an excellent ob/gyn and practices both holistically and conservatively. He never prescribes something unless he feels confident that it will work. He has been treating me for over 10 years and I am extremely satisfied with his care. He is a very caring, warm and empathetic doctor. He was with me every step of the way for both of my pregnancies and has helped me with gynecological problems in a sensitive, caring and highly competent way. All in all, he is just fantastic and I highly recommend him! The office is really nice and everyone on his staff makes you feel comfortable. This is a very homey, welcoming practice!

October 4th, 2010
Menopause Specialist!!!
I suffered from hot flashes, insomnia, depression, and every other menopause ailment known to women. I have been to half a dozen ob-gyn's seeking relief, all to no avail. And then - a friend recommended Dr. Blank. He was so easy to talk to; he really listened to me and to my symptoms and concerns. He put me on a progesterone pill and a separate rub-on gel for estrogen. This way, it was easy to monitor and change the dosage until I was completely symptom free. He constantly monitors me and because the estrogen is applied topically, I do not worry about cancer - plus, I do not have a family history for it. He is wonderful and I highly recommend him to every woman who suffers from PMS and menopause. He listens, he cares, and most importantly - he knows what to do to make and keep you healthy and at your best!

September 21st, 2010
Love Dr Blank!
Dr Blank has been practicing for over 25 years and he brings a well of knowledge, skill and compassion to his patients. He has delivered my children, been there for me during and after my miscarriage, and operated on me just last week - and I'm already up and about! I feel that I can call him any time, day or night, and he will be there for me. I trust his judgement, his skill and his diagnosis. He is a rare doctor in today's cold, clinical medical environment and I hope he doesn't retire until after my two daughters have their babies!

July 30th, 2010
Excellent Care!
My first appointment with Dr. Blank was three days ago and it was the first time that I can say I was glad I went to the gynecologist! I am menopausal and confused about whether or not to take hormones to relief my hot flashes and mood swings. Dr. Blank spent over an hour with me, answering my questions and giving me information to read. He also did a very thorough exam and history and really understood both my physical and psychological reasons for wanting to take hormones, and yet, being afraid of them. By the end of my appointment, I felt very informed about my choices, and which choices were best for my specific physical and psychological health issues. Even before starting on any medication, I felt better knowing that I found a doctor whom I can trust and who will listen to me. I highly recommend Dr. Blank, he is the best!!!

May 17th, 2010
EXCELLENT, CARING, THE BEST THERE IS!!!
Dr Blank takes the time to listen and answer my questions. He's also very caring, compassionate - and makes me feel that no question is too trivial to ask. He is very knowledgeable and shares that knowledge with his patients. He operated on me for problems with infertility, monitored me while I was trying to get pregnant and then took the best care of me throughout my pregnancy and delivery. In speaking to my friends about their experienes, nothing comes close to the caring, availability, knowledge and just genuine goodness of this doctor. He called me at home to check up on me and also counseled me and my husband during all our frustrations with trying to get pregnant. I felt that I had my very own personal doctor by my side every step of the way. He is just the best!