Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  CARING, COMPASIONATE, BRILLIANT!!!  |  show details
by Jennifer P. on Mar 19th, 2014

I had my first child with a very large, impersonal practice in Atlanta. It was a very disappointing experience for my husband and me because there was no continuity of care. Each visit, I saw a different doctor or midwife who knew nothing about me or my pregnancy. I didn't even know who would deliver me, it was a crap shot. My co-worker told me about her experience with Dr. Blank, who is a solo practitioner. My experience with Dr. Blank has been amazing - I see him each visit, he really knows me and my husband and he knows and cares about both my medical conditions and me as a person. His expertise and knowledge is beyond compare - he is just amazing, and is very patient, kind. He always calls you back immediately, and most amazing - you actually speak to a person when you call - his staff, especially his nurses, Karen and Robin, are so warm, caring, friendly, sweet, and also so knowledgeable and approachable. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Blank and his practice!!!

|  Worst Experience of My Life  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2013

This doctor and his staff are horrible and impossible to get in touch with. I had surgery to remove some endo and couldn't get in touch with him for 3 days after it. I was incredibly disappointed in how I was treated and the experience left me in tears. Don't go here unless you want to be treated with disrespect and not have any phone calls returned.

Nov 5th, 2013

The best Dr in the world. He is more then just a Dr. he is Family. Whenever I get pregnant I will always come to Dr. Blank to deliver my baby. His nurses, Ms. Karen they all are just a blessing to me.

|  Highly experienced, compassionate OB  |  show details
by Mallloryw on Jul 1st, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Blank for 3 years now. He delivered my first son and will be delivering our baby in February 2013. Dr. Blank is highly experienced and excellent at what he does. As a first time mom I had numerous questions and uncertainties and Dr. Blank answered every single one of them and put my mind at ease. Office visits never felt rushed and any time I had a question or concern after hours Dr. Blank was always available. My delivery went so smooth and I couldn't imagine another Dr. Delivering for us. The wait time at each appointment is very minimal and I am usually in and out in 30 minutes. The staff is all wonderful and courteous and booking appointments is so simple. They are also always willing to work you in. I honestly can not say enough good things about Dr. Blank and Mt.Vernon OBGYN. Doctors like him are really hard to come by these days.

|  A hysterectomy I didn't need  |  show details
May 19th, 2013

Dr. Stephen Blank performed a hysterectomy on me that I didn't need. I told him that the abdominal pain I was having was relieved whenever I used Magnesium Citrate to have a bowel movement and that I wasn't having any pelvic pain. I asked him for something similar to the Magnesium Citrate because I'd been told my Magnesium levels were elevated. He pretended he didn't know what I was talking about and left out of the room. After the hysterectomy I still have the same abdominal pain. Two other doctors told me I didn't need the hysterectomy. This man is a sadistic, vile, person, masquerading as a doctor. I would not and have not seen him again.

by Kimberly K. on Feb 1st, 2013

IDr Blank was the third gyn I went to for relief from menopause discomfort and pain. I was really impressed with the fact that y first meeting with him took place in his office rather than the exam room. He was very welcoming, open and attentive and really listened to my concerns. He then geared the exam around the issues I presented. After the exam I again met with him in his office to discuss treatment options. And guess what - they worked! No more pain or discomfort! Dr. Blank spent a good hour with me - more time than the other three gyns combined! He is an excellent doctorand deserves my highest praise and thanks!

|  Dr Blank is tops in his field!  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

Dr. Blank is tops in his field! He is an excellent ob/gyn and practices both holistically and conservatively. He never prescribes something unless he feels confident that it will work. He has been treating me for over 10 years and I am extremely satisfied with his care. He is a very caring, warm and empathetic doctor. He was with me every step of the way for both of my pregnancies and has helped me with gynecological problems in a sensitive, caring and highly competent way. All in all, he is just fantastic and I highly recommend him! The office is really nice and everyone on his staff makes you feel comfortable. This is a very homey, welcoming practice!

|  Menopause Specialist!!!  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

I suffered from hot flashes, insomnia, depression, and every other menopause ailment known to women. I have been to half a dozen ob-gyn's seeking relief, all to no avail. And then - a friend recommended Dr. Blank. He was so easy to talk to; he really listened to me and to my symptoms and concerns. He put me on a progesterone pill and a separate rub-on gel for estrogen. This way, it was easy to monitor and change the dosage until I was completely symptom free. He constantly monitors me and because the estrogen is applied topically, I do not worry about cancer - plus, I do not have a family history for it. He is wonderful and I highly recommend him to every woman who suffers from PMS and menopause. He listens, he cares, and most importantly - he knows what to do to make and keep you healthy and at your best!

|  Love Dr Blank!  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

Dr Blank has been practicing for over 25 years and he brings a well of knowledge, skill and compassion to his patients. He has delivered my children, been there for me during and after my miscarriage, and operated on me just last week - and I'm already up and about! I feel that I can call him any time, day or night, and he will be there for me. I trust his judgement, his skill and his diagnosis. He is a rare doctor in today's cold, clinical medical environment and I hope he doesn't retire until after my two daughters have their babies!

|  Excellent Care!  |  show details
by Ellyn on Jul 30th, 2010

My first appointment with Dr. Blank was three days ago and it was the first time that I can say I was glad I went to the gynecologist! I am menopausal and confused about whether or not to take hormones to relief my hot flashes and mood swings. Dr. Blank spent over an hour with me, answering my questions and giving me information to read. He also did a very thorough exam and history and really understood both my physical and psychological reasons for wanting to take hormones, and yet, being afraid of them. By the end of my appointment, I felt very informed about my choices, and which choices were best for my specific physical and psychological health issues. Even before starting on any medication, I felt better knowing that I found a doctor whom I can trust and who will listen to me. I highly recommend Dr. Blank, he is the best!!!

|  Dedicated Doctor  |  show details
by Anne Silverman on May 29th, 2010

Dedicated doctor, never too busy to answer questions. I trust him 100% and feel that he listens to my needs and concerns and we worked together to come up with the best possible care during my pregnancies, which all went great. He's been my ob/gyn for 14 years. You won't find a more caring, knowledgeable doctor. And, the fact that he's older and seasoned makes me feel very comfortable, he's easy to relate to and talk to.

|  EXCELLENT, CARING, THE BEST THERE IS!!!  |  show details
by Amy on May 17th, 2010

Dr Blank takes the time to listen and answer my questions. He's also very caring, compassionate - and makes me feel that no question is too trivial to ask. He is very knowledgeable and shares that knowledge with his patients. He operated on me for problems with infertility, monitored me while I was trying to get pregnant and then took the best care of me throughout my pregnancy and delivery. In speaking to my friends about their experienes, nothing comes close to the caring, availability, knowledge and just genuine goodness of this doctor. He called me at home to check up on me and also counseled me and my husband during all our frustrations with trying to get pregnant. I felt that I had my very own personal doctor by my side every step of the way. He is just the best!

May 14th, 2010

I saw doctor Blank when I just found out I was pregnant. During the first meeting he made sure to tell me to call him if any bleeding takes place or with any questions I may have. When that did happen, and I called his office and never got a phone call back and was further advised after I called over and over again that he had said to no worry, because it was most likely due to a pelvic exam performed during my first visit, when there was no such exam!! Needless to say, I was in fact experiencing a miscarriage. After which he said "next time we'll just keep a better eye on you" Overall, my experience was very disappointing. I am now looking for a new doctor, and hope he/she will take care better care of their patients.

|  Excellent Physician!  |  show details
by Meghan on Apr 23rd, 2010

I moved to Atlanta 2 years ago and was looking for a good obg all that time. I saw another doc, but had a bad experience with her. Then a neighbor recommended Dr B. My first visit was amazing. He spent so much time with me and met with me before my exam so the first time I met him wan't on the exam table. He's very cazring and warm and asked alot of questions to get a good handle on my life style and health before he recommended new bith control. He also gave me alot of literature and told me to read about the procedures he does on his website - which is very informative. I go back in 2 weeks to have Essure done in his office. I know its the right choice for me because Dr B took the time to really explain it and my other options to me.

Mar 2nd, 2010

Great doctor and office staff

by Katie Long on Jul 17th, 2009

A doctor who really listens to me and cares about me. I miscarried before and was very nervous this time, but Dr. Blank made me feel very secure. He's been practicing a long time and really knows his medicine. I had an easy delivery with a doctor who was available to me and my husband and family all night long.

|  ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS IN GA  |  show details
by CCGAGIRL on Mar 19th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Friendly, knowledgable and knows how treat his patients. This Doctor does a wonderful job and so does his staff. Wait time can be alittle long, but definitely worth it!

|  The BEST of the BEST!  |  show details
by Stephanie Jacobs on Nov 11th, 2008

I had a lot of trouble getting pregnant the first time, and Dr. Blank was amazing in diagnosing my problem. He is knowledgeable, caring, attentive - just an amazing, excellent doctor - I trust his judgment and expertise. He delivered all 3 of my babies - even though he wasn't on-call. His staff always answers the phone, you always feel special and well taken care of in his office - he really cares and it shows. Too many doctors and offices today treat you like a number - I'm so lucky to have a knowledgeable doctor who takes the time, and has the patience to really get to know me and treats me with respect & dignity.

|  10/4/08 - Dissappointed Mother  |  show details
by Dissapointed Mother on Oct 6th, 2008

This doctor can't be trusted to be honest with you as a patient if something goes wrong during your pregnancy,during or after your delivery. I had complications after my delivery that went undetected by doctor Blank until I mentioned I was having a problem, even though I saw him 3 times (problem visits) before my 6 week check up. At that point, is when he finally admitted to me that something was wrong. Given this doctor's years of experience, I would have expected him to catch this on the 1st visit, which about 2 weeks after my delivery. Clearly, he wasn't paying enough attention to inform me that my stitching hadn't healed properly. Which in my opinion, is a basic thing that an OB should know. It was either that or he's hiding something due to his neglegance concerning the method in which he used during my delivery to stitch me up. At this point, I believe he was not being honest about what was actually going on at the time because it didn't want to get sued. Either way, At this point, I have to have another procedure/surgery to fix and reconstruct what Dr. Blank did get right the first time around.

|  Caring & Compassionate  |  show details
by rudytoo on Mar 11th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Blank is one of those rare doctors who refuses to practice warehouse medicine. His office phone is always promptly answered by an upbeat receptionist; his whole staff is caring & responsive,and professional. The office is well decorated, and feels very warm & calming. Dr. Blank always spends a lot of time with his patients, answers all your questions and phone calls & is very knowledgable and up to date on his treatment options. I came to him with menopause problems that another doctor couldn't treat. Dr. Blank knew what medicine and program to put me on, and called me at home to see how I was doing! I've never felt better in my life. He's a very caring, dedicated, and brilliant doctor. I highly recommend him!

|  The best OB!  |  show details
by melissamiller on Mar 4th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Blank just delivered my third child and I have never been in more competent, caring, hands. Unlike those big, inpersonal practices, Dr. Blank is hands-on and dedicated. His staff always answers the phone and they are always available to answer questions, as is the doctor. I had some problems early in the pregnancy, and he knew exactly what to do, and he alleviated my fears. I wish he had delivered my other babies. I have finally found the doctor I was looking for and he'll be my doctor forever.