inactive

Stephen L Brenneke MD Patient Reviews

3.6

July 25th, 2016
The best shoulder Dr.
Dr. Brenneke originally re-built my right shoulder in 2003. I had a ruptured bicep tendon. Once in the OR, he repaired a torn labrum, rotator cuff, and impingement. After 6 months of PT, I was better than new. In 2006, I had similar surgery on my left shoulder. Once again, he did a fantastic job and after 6 months of healing time and PT, it is also as good as new. This is now 2016 and both shoulders are perfect. I play golf, snow and water ski and the shoulders are never holding me back.

December 20th, 2015
Great doctor
Dr. Brenneke spent a lot of time with me and listened to my concerns. He was very particular about getting good X-rays. . While he did a great job on my first surgery, he was honest about the second surgery. Most surgeons minimize possible side effects and I appreciated getting accurate information. I was grateful I decided against the second surgery.

April 11th, 2015
He was very rude and makes you feel very inferior. Talks and discusses other patients appointments and his views on their results. Told me that his previous patient was Stupid. It was 45 minutes of him telling me how good he was and basically how inferior his patients are that have on the job injuries.

December 6th, 2010
Great doctor, never on time
The doctor is great at what he does. Diagnosis, surgery, post op. But when it comes to being on time I've had to wait over an hour on multiple occasions with no update on delay from staff.

November 2nd, 2010
Excellent caring talented surgeon
Dr. Brenneke did surgery on my shoulder when others just said they didn't know what to do - I didn't conform to their standard testing. He discovered an obvious problem when he got in there, fixed it, and after over a year, I feel much better.

August 19th, 2010
Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Brenneke for almost 15 years, 8 surgeries and I can say that he is the most caring doctor I've ever dealt with. He takes his time to explain everything to you. If you have the slightest look of confusion on your face, he finds another way to explain it. I have never felt rushed or that I was 'wasting' his time. Most doctors make you feel like you're holding them up. I Love this man and I would trust him with my life, and have.

July 13th, 2009
Great surgeon
Great overall care, funny and good natured, gets straight to the point without any fluff. Office wait times were a little long, but I was willing to wait to see an excellent doctor.

February 18th, 2009
No bedside manner, uncaring. Cares more about Insurance company and medical board, than the welfare of the patient.

October 4th, 2008
I had two unsuccessful shoulder surgeries prior to Dr. Brenneke. He is truly the best.