A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Kaufman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Kaufman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kaufman
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Kaufman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Kaufman, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Varicose Veins
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaufman graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kaufman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
- Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Charles Kaufman MD and PHD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Stephen C. Kaufman practice?
- Dr. Stephen Kaufman has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Kaufman practices Ophthalmology near Minneapolis, MN.
See Minneapolis Ophthalmologists.