A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Kaufman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Kaufman, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Varicose Veins
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaufman graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kaufman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
- Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kaufman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 17 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 5 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen C. Kaufman practice?
Dr. Stephen Kaufman practices Ophthalmology near Minneapolis, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Grosse Pointe Park, MI and Troy, MI.
See Minneapolis Ophthalmologists.