A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Kaufman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kaufman
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Kaufman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Kaufman, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Varicose Veins
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaufman graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kaufman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
- Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Charles Kaufman MD and PHD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Stephen C. Kaufman practice?
- Dr. Stephen Kaufman has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Kaufman practices Ophthalmology near Minneapolis, MN.
See Minneapolis Ophthalmologists.