A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Kaufman, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 9 Areas, including Astigmatism, Cornea Transplant Penetrating Keratoplasty, and Corneal Diseases.6 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaufman graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kaufman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
- Henry Ford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kaufman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 1 plan
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 5 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 17 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- HealthPartners - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Kaufman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen C. Kaufman practice?
Dr. Stephen Kaufman practices Ophthalmology and Pediatrics near Troy, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Grosse Pointe, MI and West Bloomfield, MI.
See Troy Ophthalmologists and Troy Pediatricians.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Stephan Kaufman, Dr. Steven Kaufman, Dr. Stefan Kaufman, Dr. Steve Kaufman