Dr. Stephen Weber MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

April 1st, 2016
I had surgery several years ago for a shattered clavicle. It was tough to get an appt. but he did an excellent job and i have had no problems since then. I had seen two other doctors before Dr, Weber.

October 28th, 2015
R.N.
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! Had a shoulder injury that would not heal due to a skiing accident. Went to the NP for initial visit and MRI order. Saw Dr. Weber 2 weeks later. He never asked me about the pain. DId not do a physical assessment at all. Cast the MRI films on his light said " You can't trust the MRI results ( though it suggested a tear along with other things) Diagnosed me with Tendonitis. Asked me what I would like him to do. Offered PT and injection of Lidacaine and anti inflammatory. After 10 minutes post injection he asked me to raise my arm which I did and said " See you are better already" HAHAHAHAHAHA NO JOKE! My PT (who did a thorough assessment) strongly suggested a second opinion due to poor PT results and continued pain.

December 19th, 2014
May be technically skilled, however...
I saw Dr. Weber for both of my shoulders. No specific injury event, just a chronic condition that I finally thought I should see what could be wrong/possible treatment. As another reviewer mentioned, I waited over 1.5 hours to be seen. I expected this having read these reviews. I was also prepared (from these reviews) that he was not one for "small talk". He asked what happened to my shoulder and I started to explain that my 22 year career involved a lot of lifting, followed by carrying around my own 3 children which I had in my late 30s/early 40s. Essentially I was trying to establish repetitive use. Before I could even finish telling him the same sentence I typed above, he stopped me and asked, "does this have anything to do with my question?!" (Uh, no, just wanted to socialize with you!). Very off-putting and rude. Downhill from there. I sought help after several years of shoulder pain and felt like I had just wasted his time (after my own 1.5 hour wait to see him) with a "silly" complaint. Offered me PT and I said 'ok'. Walked me down the hall to a room where I sat and waited...and waited. Someone came in to have me sign a form for my insurance to be billed for PT services. I wasn't sure what I was waiting for; consult? PT Instructions? I had to pick up kids from school and walked out into the hall and asked how long I would be waiting? They said the physical therapist was still in another room. I realize I wasn't coming with a scheduled appt., but communication was sorely lacking. I rescheduled for a week and a half later and the in-office physical therapist was very knowledgeable about his craft, but he had a flat affect--like a robot. For my money, I prefer a practitioner who knows his/her craft AND is personable. Although I had an MRI ordered and done, I was unwilling to return for a follow up with Dr.Weber and I will take my results and business elsewhere. He may be a technically skilled surgeon for acute or obvious injuries that can be repaired, but he's not the one if you're suffering from some chronic, nagging issue without an obvious surgical option.

February 26th, 2014
WOW!
It is beyond belief how anyone could find any sort of fault with Stephen Weber. Yes, he is normally sedate; but he was all smiles and practically dancing when he visited and agreed to check me out of the hospital the next morning. His extraordinarily competent physical therapist and my diligence with a resistance band allowed me to safely rejoin my Tae Kwon Do and physical fitness classes in 60 days; and I have never "looked back". Stephen Weber is, in my opinion, a genius.

November 6th, 2013
Horrible Doctor
Dr. Weber was by far the worst doctor I have ever seen. He does not listen to what the patient has to say and becomes agitated when you do not answer his questions to his satisfaction. I waited an hour and 1/2 to see him and he spent less than 5 minutes with me. He was aggressive, rude, and arrogant. I would never let this man ever complete a surgery on me. He will also talk negatively about other doctors who do not share his same opinion of your situation. He is defiantly not in this field because he cares about his patients. It is clear he does not.

June 19th, 2012
Dr. Weber is a great doctor
He may be straight forward, but if you do your research you'll find that he is highly skilled in his field. He was my second opinion doctor, and I felt so much more confident with his treatment plan, that he became my first choice. He performed surgery on my shoulder, and I felt that he did a thorough job in helping me understand the why's and how's of the procedure. If you're looking for a hug and a lollipop, he may not be the doctor for you. I just wanted my shoulder fixed, and even though my surgery was quite recent I know that he has done just that.

February 16th, 2012
Arrogant & Uncaring
5 mos after surgery, no improvement. Dr Weber refused to acknowledge that anything was wrong. Refused my request for another MRI & said I was improving. Went to another Dr, got another MRI, and discover his surgery had failed. I still had 3 torn tendons & a dislocated bicep. What happened to "do no harm".

November 16th, 2011
Pompous and unprofessional. Unethical.

August 10th, 2011
Excellent doctor!
Dr. Weber has done surgery on both of my husband's shoulders and on one of mine. The results have been excellent. He may seem abrupt, but we have found he will take the time you need to go through the diagnosis and answer any questions. He's not into chit-chat. Perhaps part of that "abruptness" is misinterpretation of his VERY dry sense of humor, which we really get a kick out of. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone--and, in fact, have sent several friends to him. They have all been equally as enthusiastic as we are.

April 7th, 2011
He did a outstanding job on my rotator cuff repair. I will recommend him to other people without hesitaton. His office staff was a great help to me trying to work around my own work schedule.

October 15th, 2009
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME TO SEE THIS SURGEON.
what a horrible surgeon,does not review charts, x-rays, MRI's what a waste of time it is to see him. He lies about taking work comp cases. In his articles he has written he states he does not get full reimbursement from surgeries on work comp cases. I guess money is more important than patients.Discriminating is not right, surgeons like this one should not be practising at ALL.

May 15th, 2017