A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Yang:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Yang is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Yang, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Diseases
- Lung Diseases (Pleural Diseases)
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Yang graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Yang has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Yang accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen C. Yang practice?
Dr. Stephen Yang practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Surgeons.