Dr. Stephen Canfield Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Canfield?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 20th, 2015

Dr. Canfield is professional, knowledgable, and has a great bedside manner. Very caring and compassionate. He spent a good amount of time explaining things to me thoroughly and answering my questions. Highly recommended!

February 21st, 2015

Outstanding Experience!

One of the best doctors I have ever seen, heard or been in the presence of in the last 50 years. . . . and I am a senior who has seen a ton! Crazy good doctor . . .you need to see him if you need help!!!!!!

October 29th, 2014

Excellent Dr

Dr. Canfield is by far one of the best doctors I have ever been to. He spent a little over an hour with me on my first visit! I went for a multiple drug allergy issue and he really took the time to ask me detailed questions to figure out the best course of action. He clearly explained my condition to me and ways that we can work with it in the future. He is even going to work with any of my future doctors to ensure that I am taking drugs that work for me based on his extensive knowledge of my allergies. I couldn't have asked for a better appointment. I highly recommend him as an allergist. Also, his bedside manner is excellent, clearly a caring and compassionate dr.

September 22nd, 2014

A Professional and Caring Physician

I have seen Dr. Canfield twice and just set up allergy testing per request of my ENT physician. Dr. Canfield took the time to discuss and explain the possible causation and treatments available for complications I have experienced due to other conditions. He will be able to consult and work with my other specialists. He takes the time to listen and talk with you. He's a wonderful doctor and it helps just to talk with him. His secretary, Vanessa, is polite and professional as well. I'm sure all his staff are highly professional and courteous as well. I had to wait a bit, however, he merged two offices into the one location at Fort Washington Avenue, so it may be somewhat more congested for a bit which is to be expected.

October 2nd, 2012

Wonderful physician.

I have been seeing Dr. Canfield for my multiple allergies for several years. Dr. Canfield is so kind and caring. He answers questions and has even spent quite some time on the telephone with me. He has expertise in several fields. I can't recommend him highly enough. If only other doctors were like him.

September 28th, 2012

One of the most caring and knowledgable docotors I have met

I have worked with Dr. Canfield on my seasonal allergy for a year now. We started with over the counter staff, move to prescription drug, then with his recommendation, we did the allergy test and started the shot to induce tolerance. Since then I have visited him twice a week for 9 month for the shot and for follow up. The experience is very positive and he is very caring and really knows about the field, not only the current care and also the up-to-date literatures on why certain treatment might or might not work. Great doc!

May 13th, 2011

Bad follow up and care for patient

He could be very busy and may be taking on too many patients at one time. Made me wait for a long time while my allergy test was going on while he attended to another patient, while my allergic reactions got so bad that I didn't know what to do. Usually allergists are supposed to monitor your body's reaction when injected with stuff.2 days later the reaction just got worse, and I tried to get in touch with the doctor to get advise on what to do. He never came to the phone or returned my call. It could be a life threatening condition that the doctor chose not to respond to. Priorities lie in making money and not patient care.

December 6th, 2010

A RARE DOCTOR in today's world....

January 31st, 2010

Allergies are very tricky and different for each individual. Yet Dr. Canfield is knowledgeable about so many areas of medicine - not only his specialty and he works with me to figure out my problems and solve them. He is extraordinarily caring, very smart and more than generous with his time. I would highly recommend him. Columbia Presbyterian has many outstanding doctors and he is definitely one of the best.

September 14th, 2017