Dr. Stephen Carey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Carey?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 21st, 2017

Poor pain management and rapport

Doctor Carey performed 5 seperate fasciotomies for an severe flesh eating bacteria I had in my right leg. I was in hospital little over a week and when discharged I had a very roughly closed incision/ wound that ran the entire length of my right thigh. I was given one prescription for 30 pain pills and I took them even a little less than was prescribed but when I requested a refill I was treated like a drug addict by the doctor and office staff . I was astounded by the lack of care for my pain especially considering g the type and size wound I had. Even.l before this occurred dr Carey would tell me every visit that my infection was o e that iv drug and sees typically get on their heart valves and it was strange that I had it in my leg....every visit he basicly eluded to the fact that he was suspicious or something despite that I have never been heroine addict. He was calling me an junkie basicly without coming out and saying it. I was told to take Motrin for my pain despite the size of my wound and that at this point I had only been home about a week and half. If there was a way to show pictures of this wound he told me to take Motrin for I would. It was ridiculous, I have never seen a doctor with so little concern for his patients pain. I will never go back to him and would not recommend d anyone requiring a procedure that causes a lot of pain to go to him. He had zero reason to treat me like he did especially since I had a 18" Incision and he had removed alotnof tissue from inside my leg that was infected. I guess he thinks people are just sacks of meat for him to cut on and hat we don't feel pain. I don't like him as a man or a doctor.

February 10th, 2016

Makes you feel he really cares!

September 8th, 2015

I LOVE THIS DUDE.

Dr. Carey and his staff are AWESOME, friendly and they care about making you feel comfortable even when he's running late. Sabrina Smith Horsey, and the ladies in the Day Surgery Unit are great. I've had (3) surgeries preformed by Dr. Carey, and I wouldn't go to anyone else. I LOVE THIS DUDE.

September 30th, 2013

Surgery

Rude, Rude, rude doctor and staff! Thank god I got a second opinion the second doctor saved my life. I will not even take my dog there. Pitful!

April 30th, 2012

Very Professional and caring.

This gentlemen was very helpful in explaining my wifes condition and made sure of every possible problems before taking surgical intervention. I would put my life in his hands and time. The very Best Doctor we have delt with in years.

June 21st, 2017