Dr. Stephen Carolan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Carolan?

Posted on November 1st, 2017

My experice with Dr. Carolan was excellent. He took his time explaining and making sure that I understood my dignosis and the next steps to be followed. He was caring and personable, open to answer any questions I had. I would recommend him to everyone.

A wonderful doctor

Posted on November 1st, 2017

It is rare when you come across a physician who not only has tremendous expertise in his field, but also a wonderful rapport with his patients. Dr. Carolan is knowledgeable and compassionate, not cold and clinical. He takes the time to talk with his patients, never rushing them or being preoccupied with the computer screen. He's gentle, kind and thorough. In short: he's the model for what every doctor should be. I highly recommend him.

Posted on March 25th, 2016

I needed to repair a prolapsed bladder. Dr. Carolan was the third surgeon I visited and couldn't be happier with my choice. He was extremely professional and his staff was "the best!" I never waited and he took his time explaining and answering all my questions. Greenwich Hospital is where you want to be when you need to be in the hospital.!

Top Notch

Posted on January 26th, 2016

If all of my doctors had the bedside manner of Dr. C I would be much less paranoid and feel more certain of the state of my health. I wish he were a GP and not OB. That being said, I have not had any major health issue but feel certain that I would be in good hands if it falls within his specialty. I also feel secure if he were to make a recommendation or referral. I have not had nor received any follow up but that is simply because I have not had any issues at this point.

Great Doctor

Posted on April 1st, 2015

My husband and I have found Dr. Carolan to be a great doctor. He is incredibly compassionate, knowledgeable, and takes his time during appointments to answer all your questions. His calm demeanor helps you feel relaxed and he eases your mind when you have worries. He seems to be very knowledgeable and up-to-date with research. He is always responsive when you email with questions. His nurses are super sweet, as seems to be the case with all the staff I have encountered at West Med. I highly recommend Dr. Carolan.

Has me coming and going.

Posted on March 23rd, 2014

Dr. Carolin is a part of West Med. Too bad! He has done more than one surgery on me and he knows what he is doing. However, his nurses are either rude or not the smartest. Some of the technicians are rude and Dr. Carolin sticks up for them. Rudeness is an accepted practice at West Med. At one time I saw a colleague of Dr. Carolin' who went off on me saying I had to have surgery. He didn't bother reading my chart to look at my past history. Dr. Carolin was not pleased when I called upset because his colleague was going against everything he had told me. Also, there isn't any follow up after surgery until you go back into his office two weeks later. I like Dr. Carolin but I don't like the way his office runs. Also, be careful because they bill you for lab work when you don't even use their lab. You also need to know that the nice people who answer the phone are in North Carolina, not in New York.

Best WestMed Doc

Posted on July 3rd, 2013

I do not like WestMed but I like Dr. Carolan. I first went to him because my gyno could not decide if I needed surgery. He was very nice and caring. Yes, I needed surgery and I decided to have him do it instead of going back to my original gyno. I decided to stay with him after the surgery because of his knowledge and concern over my medical problems. It is nice having a doctor who actually talks to you and doesn't rush you out the door. I wish all of WestMed was like him.

Posted on June 10th, 2013

Dr. Carolan is the most professional, knowledgeable, caring, understanding doctor you will ever meet. He has been my doctor since 1998. He was the reason I carried my twins to full term and delivered 2 healthy beautiful baby boys! I have a history with ovarian cysts and he saved my ovary and is a remarkable surgeon! I recommend him to all my friends and family. You will be secure and safe with this Wonderful doctor!

Posted on May 29th, 2013

Dr. Stephen Carolan was referred to me after I suffered a miscarriage. I was nervous about meeting a new doctor but my regular OBGYN would not perform the procedure because I was over 12 weeks pregnant. Dr. Carolan was extremely kind and understanding. He made me feel like I was his patient and that he knew me for years. Dr. Carolan was excellent in performing the procedure. I had absolutely no pain or cramping. I highly recommend Dr. Carolan.

Best Surgeon

Posted on November 3rd, 2012

After several other gynecologists told me I would never have a baby Dr. Carolan was able to remove my fibroids. I carried my baby until 3 weeks before she was due and now have a beautiful daughter thanks in no small part to his wonderful care.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on October 19th, 2012

After having two surgeries this year, I am extremely confident with Dr. Carolyn. He is extremely professional and in my opinion an excellent surgeon. I trust him with my life and would highly recommend him.

Saved my Wife

Posted on September 18th, 2012

Recently my wife suffered a terrible complication of a miscarriage and almost bled to death. Dr. Carolan saved her. e was not even her doctor, and he was off. He came to the hospital, operated on her and hung out to make sure she was going to be ok.We need more people who care and sacrifice of themslves like this doctor.