Dr. Stephen Carolan MD Patient Reviews

March 25th, 2016
I needed to repair a prolapsed bladder. Dr. Carolan was the third surgeon I visited and couldn't be happier with my choice. He was extremely professional and his staff was "the best!" I never waited and he took his time explaining and answering all my questions. Greenwich Hospital is where you want to be when you need to be in the hospital.!

January 26th, 2016
Top Notch
If all of my doctors had the bedside manner of Dr. C I would be much less paranoid and feel more certain of the state of my health. I wish he were a GP and not OB. That being said, I have not had any major health issue but feel certain that I would be in good hands if it falls within his specialty. I also feel secure if he were to make a recommendation or referral. I have not had nor received any follow up but that is simply because I have not had any issues at this point.

April 1st, 2015
Great Doctor
My husband and I have found Dr. Carolan to be a great doctor. He is incredibly compassionate, knowledgeable, and takes his time during appointments to answer all your questions. His calm demeanor helps you feel relaxed and he eases your mind when you have worries. He seems to be very knowledgeable and up-to-date with research. He is always responsive when you email with questions. His nurses are super sweet, as seems to be the case with all the staff I have encountered at West Med. I highly recommend Dr. Carolan.

March 23rd, 2014
Has me coming and going.
Dr. Carolin is a part of West Med. Too bad! He has done more than one surgery on me and he knows what he is doing. However, his nurses are either rude or not the smartest. Some of the technicians are rude and Dr. Carolin sticks up for them. Rudeness is an accepted practice at West Med. At one time I saw a colleague of Dr. Carolin' who went off on me saying I had to have surgery. He didn't bother reading my chart to look at my past history. Dr. Carolin was not pleased when I called upset because his colleague was going against everything he had told me. Also, there isn't any follow up after surgery until you go back into his office two weeks later. I like Dr. Carolin but I don't like the way his office runs. Also, be careful because they bill you for lab work when you don't even use their lab. You also need to know that the nice people who answer the phone are in North Carolina, not in New York.

July 3rd, 2013
Best WestMed Doc
I do not like WestMed but I like Dr. Carolan. I first went to him because my gyno could not decide if I needed surgery. He was very nice and caring. Yes, I needed surgery and I decided to have him do it instead of going back to my original gyno. I decided to stay with him after the surgery because of his knowledge and concern over my medical problems. It is nice having a doctor who actually talks to you and doesn't rush you out the door. I wish all of WestMed was like him.

June 10th, 2013
Dr. Carolan is the most professional, knowledgeable, caring, understanding doctor you will ever meet. He has been my doctor since 1998. He was the reason I carried my twins to full term and delivered 2 healthy beautiful baby boys! I have a history with ovarian cysts and he saved my ovary and is a remarkable surgeon! I recommend him to all my friends and family. You will be secure and safe with this Wonderful doctor!

May 29th, 2013
Dr. Stephen Carolan was referred to me after I suffered a miscarriage. I was nervous about meeting a new doctor but my regular OBGYN would not perform the procedure because I was over 12 weeks pregnant. Dr. Carolan was extremely kind and understanding. He made me feel like I was his patient and that he knew me for years. Dr. Carolan was excellent in performing the procedure. I had absolutely no pain or cramping. I highly recommend Dr. Carolan.

November 3rd, 2012
Best Surgeon
After several other gynecologists told me I would never have a baby Dr. Carolan was able to remove my fibroids. I carried my baby until 3 weeks before she was due and now have a beautiful daughter thanks in no small part to his wonderful care.

October 18th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
After having two surgeries this year, I am extremely confident with Dr. Carolyn. He is extremely professional and in my opinion an excellent surgeon. I trust him with my life and would highly recommend him.

September 18th, 2012
Saved my Wife
Recently my wife suffered a terrible complication of a miscarriage and almost bled to death. Dr. Carolan saved her. e was not even her doctor, and he was off. He came to the hospital, operated on her and hung out to make sure she was going to be ok.We need more people who care and sacrifice of themslves like this doctor.

June 24th, 2012
He was professional, to the poit and prompt.I felt that I had received the best care in a most comfortable manner. Everything is computerized so as to improve your safety.Nice office also.

May 22nd, 2012
Very Worthwhile Visit
I saw this doctor for a second opinion regarding a surgery suggested by my other gynecologist.He ran on time, was thorough, professional and enlightening.I liked him and what he said. He obviously knew his stuff and had great pride in what he does.