Dr. Stephen Cashman, MD
Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  FIrst time ever for a bad experience at a doctor's office  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2014

After visiting numerous eye doctors in NWA and visiting with two different ENT doctors in my home town it was concluded that I needed to see an ENT to treat the infection in my tear duct that is possibly stemming from my sinuses. Someone suggested Steve Cashman. I immediately made an appointment as the infection is severe and it was an urgent situation. Dr. Cashman saw me for less than 10 minutes. In the 10 minutes he saw me he did not treat me for anything. He put a scope in my nose and told me to get a CAT scan. He charge me nearly $400. The office would not bill me and was very persistent in getting their money from me. The problem is that it doesn't cost almost $400 to use a scope. After speaking with several ENT doctors (in my home town in NEA) they agreed that I had been ripped off and Dr. Cashman was completely out of line charging this price for this treatment (or lack of). I hope that he is not ripping all of his patients off and I will be contacting my insurance company to look into the issue. I have never had a poor experience at a doctor's office until now. I was disappointed and my eye doctor at The Eye Center was very disappointed and gave me the name of a different ENT. I would never feel comfortable recommending Dr. Cashman to my family or friends knowing that there is a good chance they too will be ripped off.

|  After hours  |  show details
by Mike on Nov 1st, 2013

I have a severe problem with my throat that no one has been able to fix. 2 days after seeing Dr Cashman during a particularly bad episode, he called me at home just to find out how I was doing. I recognize some problems are not fixable. I'm just happy I have a doctor that cares enough to check on me. 10 stars

|  Good Doctor. Good experience  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2013

I went to see Dr Cashman for allergy problems I have suffered with for years. He started me on a nose spray and this helped but I still had problems. Then he tested me for allergies. After testing I started on shots. I have been on shots with him for about 1 year and I'm doing great now. Best allergy season I have ever had.

Sep 4th, 2013

I waited 45 minutes to see the Dr. for 10. The office was very disorganized. The lady in the front had no customer service skills and did not know how to communicate. I went in for ear wax removal. Dr. Cashman "vacuumed" it out. After they brought me to the front to check out, I was told to go have a seat for another 10 minutes. While waiting, I still heard some crackling in my ear. I went to the front lady to tell her I would like to see the Dr. again. She got the asst. The asst. took me back to the exam room. When Dr. Cashman came back in to the exam room - before looking back in my ear - blurted out that he removed all the wax! He still looked, even though I could tell it was an inconvenience to him. I went back to the front where the receptionist told me I had to pay for the visit when I had insurance. I said to her, don't you run this through my insurance first - like all the Dr offices I've been to do? And she continued to tell me that they have a lot of bad debt and they require you to pay what they think the ins is not going to allow. Irritated, I asked, what if you're charging me too much. She said, we'll reimburse you. So I paid the bill, not knowing if I've been overcharged. Here's the best part - - - I'm still having the crackling in my ear and will be going to someone else!

by Eloise G on Jun 3rd, 2013

Always on time. Easy to talk with nurse to get information. Office staff is very easy to work with and always willing to work to get me in when needed. Have full confidence in doctor.

|  nasal surgery  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

Dr. Cashman corrected my badly deviated septum and reduced my turbinides. Upon waking from surgery, I could breathe through my nose for the first time in decades. Other than MINIMAL swelling, there were not any visible signs that I'd had the procedure. The recovery was very easy. I followed his post-op instructions to the letter and experienced absolutely no problems. He does not use packing unless absolutely necessary. In my case it was not necessary. The splints were removed this morning (day 5 post op) without discomfort. My septum is now completely straight and I can breathe freely through my nose! Dr. Cashman's reassuring bedside manner and his caring staff, made the experience a pleasant one. I would recommend this procedure to anyone who might need it. I would also HIGHLY recommend Dr. Cashman. The entire experience has been surprisingly easy. We are fortunate that a surgeon of his high skill level has chosen to practice in Northwest Arkansas.

|  Get to Breathing and stop the sneazing  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

I just have to say that I was always a doubter with Allergy treatments. I saw Dr Cashman for nasal issues and he pointed out my high level of allergy symptoms. Trusting his word, I underwent testing and started allergy shots this past fall. I can honestly say that this has been the BEST move of my life re: health. I still occasionally take an otc pill like allegra. However; I have not had a typicall allergy attack once this spring! As I type this at the beginning of May, my last allergy pill was 4 days ago, my last shot over a week ago and not a sneeze, no runny nose, nor itchy eyes... Unbelievable! ! ! I have been dealing with my hay fever, seasonal stuff for litterally 30 years. I cannot recommend High enough! ! ! Anyone who suffers should do the shots! Well, well worth it!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2011

Dr. Cashman had a fabulous bedside manner, and he stayed to answer all my question. His staff was efficient, helpful and kind. High recommendations.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2010

I suffered with allergy and sinus problems for years. I finally went to see Dr Cashman and he helped to get my problems under control. Highly recommend

Sep 9th, 2010

I got to Dr Cashman's office 15 minutes early and he actually saw me before my scheduled appointment time. The office staff was friendly. I found out what was wrong and was able to get help without having to have surgery. Very good experience!!

|  Good doctor, very professional  |  show details
May 21st, 2008

He was great with my 5-year old daughter's surgery. He has a very nice bedside manner and is ready to answer any questions. He's not overly talkative, but I'm confident in his ability and skill.