Dr. Stephen Chatelain Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 26th, 2016
Rude and Inconsiderate
I have never been treated so terrible by a professional in my life. I am an overweight African-American female. He asked how much I weighed in my prior pregnancy and proceeded to tell me that I had done myself no justice since then. He then asked me if I could hold my stomach up because it was difficult for him to do his job. There is a way to say anything and I won't be going back there.

May 14th, 2014
Very knowledgeable and comforting
While we had to wait 1 1/2 hours past our appointment time to be seen, we were very pleased with our experience with Dr. Chatelain. He was very knowledgeable and answered any questions that we had. He has a lot of experience so he really knows what he is talking about. Will definitely go back to him if I need to.

May 20th, 2011
I was sent straight to Dr. Chatelain's office after an ultrasound. I went right back and he immediately knew what the problem was. He continued to see me regularly until I had no choice but to deliver. I delivered at 28 weeks, and now I have a healthy baby girl who recently turned 5. Thanks to Dr. Chatelain! He is great, and very caring. He knows what he is doing...even though he did go to LSU. haha

May 6th, 2011
he saved my babies life
i was i high risk pregancy... dr. stephen took me as a patient in a split minute i was rushed from mnt. view ar to little rock and he took care of me for a week....

September 8th, 2010
I've waited a while to say this...
At the time I saw Dr. Chatelain we were already pretty sure that the baby wasn't going to make it. There were a few tests that still needed to be done, but it was pretty clear we had an unfortunate situation on our hands. I don't know if it was because I was a Medicaid patient. I'm not sure if it was because we were an interracial couple (you wouldn't believe the types of people who "accidentally" let their colors show). I'm not playing the race card, but I am a black woman who dated a white man for 7 yrs. I know a disgusted look when I see 1. He always seemed impatient with me. He did an amnio & I told him I did not like needles & to please be patient with me. When I tensed up, he firmly an rudely said "If you would just keep still we can get this done a lot faster." After I had given birth to, and an hour later, lost my precious son & it was timed to be discharged & prescribed pain medication for the c-section, he said vicoden. I told him I'd been prescribed that before and I'd like to have something non-narcotic b/c it upset my stomach and made me feel funny. He told me "Well since you are the doctor with the M.D. I'm gonna prescibe you- vicoden." What?! Two days later the top half of my body was covered in hives & I had to see my family doctor the same day I buried my son to be prescribed something I wasn't ALLERGIC TO! I see all these great reviews for Dr. Chatelain but I wonder who this doctor is. Because every encounter I had with him was awful. I've waited 3 yrs to make sure I wasn't biased b/c of my situation. I get so upset everytime I see him on a "Happy Birthday Baby" commercial. I kind of hope that I was the only patient he treated this way...

January 18th, 2010
TERRIBLE. That's all I can say. My doctor sent me to him to have a test that he REFUSED to perform, saying that it was too risky. Well, this test could have prevented my son being 9 WEEKS premature. He is now a healthy and happy four year old, thanks to an angel of a doctor in Springfield, MO. I am now pregnant with my second child and will absolutely go out of my way to make sure that this man comes no where near me.

October 30th, 2009
Emergency High Risk Preg
I met Dr. Chatelain when I was transported to the Baptist Hospital in Little Rock. He was up front and honest with me and my husband and didn't try to candy coat anything. He said, I am 100% positive you will leave here not pregnant, I am 100% positive you will not leave here with your baby, due to her being in the NICU. He was actually there to console me. His bed side manner was amazing!! We have told anyone and everyone we can about Dr. Chatelain. He is the greatest doctor I have ever had the pleasure of being a patient of. Thank you so much for taking care of me and my Lilly Grace. I am proud to say she is a gorgeous and growing 19 month old!!

August 9th, 2009
delivered my son
Dr Chatelain delivered my son 4 years ago. He was 3 pounds 13 ounces when he was born. He was born at 36 weeks. Dr Chatelain is a very good doctor. He even stopped us in the elevator after I have my son, we were on our way to the NICU. He asked how I was doing and how the baby was doing. My son is now a healthy 4 year old who starts school next August. I would recommend Dr. Chatelain to anyone he is a great Doctor.

May 4th, 2016