Dermatologists

104 E 40th St
Rm 402
New York, NY 10016
212-557-2600
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 25th, 2014

Dr. Comite is a terrific physician. He is thorough, compassionate and dedicated to making sure we have the most up to date medical care and treatment options.

|  Super Dermatologist  |  show details
by PD on May 6th, 2014

I came in not knowing much about Dr. Comite, but he and his staff exceeded my expectations. I now recommend him to all of my friends.

|  Wonderful Skin Docotr  |  show details
by leslie on Oct 25th, 2013

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Comite. He addressed all of my concerns. He removed a mole and it didn’t hurt!! Next, I plan to go back and see him to treat my wrinkles.

|  A Priviliged Patient of Dr. Comite  |  show details
by earlymorningraybow on Aug 7th, 2013

After going to a few dermatologists in the New York City area who did not satisfy my needs my research paid off in providing me with the privilege of finding Dr. Comite. Aside from having a lovely staff, ease of making appointments, a clean and conveniently located office, Dr. Comite is extremely personable, professional and knowledgeable. He addresses all needs, listens and hears between the lines. He provides alternatives and suggests all options in your individual personal dermatology needs and health. I went to Dr. Comite for a skin cancer screening and for the cosmetic treatment of Botox. Both procedures were efficient. I was thrilled with the results of my Botox treatment. I was able to return to work immediately, my skin looks 100% natural. I am definitely going to go back to Dr. Comite for future Botox treatments and all cosmetic skin care that I may consider in the future. Once again, after finding Dr. Comite do not continue searching for another dermatologist.

|  Outstanding Dermatologist.  |  show details
by BG on Jun 26th, 2013

Outstanding dermatologist. Didn’t hurt at all. Go see him!

|  Excellent Dermatologist  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2013

I would definitely go to Dr. Comite again; my family and I have been patients in the practice for more than 10 years. He has treated my children's acne and rashes as they were growing up. I have had both medical and cosmetic treatments as well. What is especially notable is that Dr. Comite takes as much time as is needed to explain the procedure, answer questions, and to perform it carefully. Patients are never rushed in any way. His staff is warm and friendly. They keep the office running very smoothly. If I am punctual, I am seen almost immediately. If I'm late, his staff fits me in as quickly as possible. Overall, highly recommend this practice.

|  Dr. Comite & his staff are excellent  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

Dr. Comite has overall helped clear up my skin problems. His recommendations are very helpful and the medicine I have used since my last appointment has helped my skin. Dr. Comite was very patient in answering my questions and extremely helpful. Both Dr. Comite and his staff make you feel very comfortable with any questions and are also great with scheduling. I would recommend anyone interested in skin improvement to visit his office.

Mar 13th, 2012

During Doctor Comite saw a spot on my backand recommended a biopsy on the spot. It turned out to be a melanoma that was required a simple surgery because it was cayght so early. Dr. Comite saved my life.

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

I have some complications due to side effects of medications that affect my skin. I went to Dr. Comite for treatment and was extremely happy with the overall experience. His knowledge, treatment, courtesy and overall experience was excellent.

|  Great Dermatologist--Go see him  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2012

I want to look young and stay looking great and the doctor is doing a great job. I come in periodically for Botox and Juvederm touch-ups and no one I know has figured out why I stay looking young. Have had some growths removed, too, and no pain and good results.

|  Excellent Dermatological Care  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2011

My family and I have been patients in this practice for more than 5 years. We have been treated for conditions such as warts, acne, cosmetic procedures and rashes. Dr. Comite and his staff are very knowledgeable, patient, caring and our outcomes have always been excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Comite and the skinprovement practice!

|  Tom  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

A very caring and competent Doctor,most importantly gives the proper diagnosis.

|  Best Dermatologist in NY  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

Dr. Comite is a caring, compassionate and brilliant dermatologist. I have used his services for many years and have recommended him to friends and family. His office staff are all equally friendly and caring. They are also efficient and easy to deal with. Dr. Comite takes all types of insurance and is available and easy to speak with. I recommend him wholeheartedly and without reservation.

Sep 21st, 2011

Dr. Comite is very unprofessional, uncaring and money-minded person. I have been seeing him in the past ten yrs and paid the fees completely out of my own pocket because he is not within my insurance network and I have a deductible of $250 to cover. On 8/31/2011, I visited Dr. Comite for a follow-up exam and requested him for a doctor's letter to send to my employer with respect to my skin irritation caused by the working environment. Dr. Comite told me to speak to his secretary, Liz for that and brushed me off from the subject. Ironically, he continued to sell his services for cosmetic surgeries etc regardless of my concerns that I have a serious issue with skin irritation from the dust and might lose my job anytime if I need to take a long sick leave. The secretary promised to send the letter to me the next week after she spoke to the doctor again. Outrageously, the doctor neglected my phone calls and the secretary kept making up the excuses for Dr. Comite's procrastinations for three weeks. Eventually, I made a trip to the doctor's office on 9/16/2011 and picked up the letter and my medical records in person. I could not believe that the letter has only one single short sentence without any details for the diagnoses nor any comparative results/updates of the skin condition. The worst of all, the letter was wrongly dated 8/11/2011. This is an unacceptable careless mistake for any physicians because I did not see the doctor on that date. In terms of my medical records, they were "handwritten" on loose leaf papers by different nurses and it was difficult to figure out what they wrote. As of today 9/21/2011, I still did not receive a letter with the correct date yet. Unfortunately, I just realized NOW that he does not have a "heart" for the patient and he is only a money slave for medicine.

|  Compassionate & Excellent Dermatologist  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

Compassionate and excellent dermatologist. Really knows his stuff and I rarely have to wait long in the office.

Feb 2nd, 2011

Dr. Comite is the most professional and knowledgable doctor I've seen in NYC. His staff is well trained, efficient and welcoming. I didn't have any insurance problems, and they made me feel very relaxed. I was taken care of within a few minutes of my scheduled time. Dr. Comite spent a surprising amount of time with me, describing the alternatives and his recommendations. He went to great lengths to minimize the discomfort of the procedure. The result was precisely as he promised, with absolutely no signs of scarring. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good dermatologist.

|  Elizabeth needs to be fired  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

Dr. Comite charged and arm and a leg for many years and now his office manager, Elizabeth, refuses to give me my medical records and is horribly rude on the phone. This is a violation of law and now I must seek legal remedy to receive my medical records. Yet another headache and out of pocket cost!!

|  Seeing this Dermatologist was a Great Decision  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

Referred to this dermatologist online. Did not have to wait long in the office. The dermatologist spent lots of time with me and carefully explained my condition. I always am concerned when referred to a doctor online, but he was very good. Best of all, I barely felt any discomfort.

|  Best Skin Doctor Around  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

The dermatologist really knows his stuff. Helped me with my skin. Have referred friends here too with skin problems like acne and they are very happy with him, too. One used him for wrinkles and Botox and said it worked great.

|  Wonderful Dermatologist  |  show details
by TSchiff on Oct 9th, 2010

I live abroad and can go anywhere I want to see a dermatologist, but I come to NYC every few months to see the Dr. Comite. He is a magician in keeping me looking young. He treats me with Botox to a variety of areas on my face and its hard to tell I use it. Dr. Comite also uses a variety of fillers such as Juvederm and Sculptra, which he individualizes to different parts of my face. The treatments take 5 to 10 years off how I look and he keeps me looking much younger. Great location, too, in Midtown right near Grand Central.

|  Highest Recommendation!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

Very gentle, almost pain-free. I have gone to him for Botox, Juvederm and acne. He has also removed some moles. Staff is very polite and I rarely have to wait long. Very much recommended

|  Exposure To Sun  |  show details
by Michael Stein on Sep 4th, 2010

I have experience with bad skin rashes due to exposure to the sun. Dr. Comite gave me excellent advice for sun exposure, referred me to wonderful providers of sun-protective clothing and followed up (called me!) after my vacation to ensure all went well.Great after care attention!

|  Excellent Skin Doctor  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2010

The dermatological treatments that I have received by Dr. Comite are always thorough, professional and effective. Dr. Comite and his staff really make me feel comfortable. Dr. Comite and his assistants always spend time getting my background info related to my reason for the visit. I feel extremely comfortable about the way Dr. Comite explains the procedures and their expected outcomes. I love the fact that Dr. Comite even calls the next day to make sure that I am doing fine. Every time I go for visit weather it is cosmetic or dermatological I am always so happy with the results of Dr. Comites work and most importantly how great my skin looks!

|  Excellent Dermatologist with great NYC Location!!  |  show details
May 29th, 2010

I am so pleased with the treatment and excellent care Ive received since going to this dermatologist. The acne treatment has really helped improved my skin and the doctor and staff have been so helpful and caring. The recommended medications and treatments have been very successful. Also love the location of the MD office since its so convenient to Grand Central and many subway lines! There is never a long wait and that is great since I often try to go during my lunch hr during the work day and the staff has been very accommodating making the appts work with my schedule.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2010

I went to Dr. Comite to have a lot of skin tags removed. He removed the skin tags without leaving a mark, and he took great care to apply the local anesthetic so that the procedure was totally painless. His confidence and patience made me feel relaxed. He answered my questions at a level that I could understand. His staff was friendly and efficient. I strongly recommend Dr. Comite.

|  Best Dern in NYC  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2010

I highly recommend Dr. Comite and his excellent staff. His knowledge and ability to caringly address my medical issues and concerns was truly outstanding. I would recommend him to any one of my friends or family.

|  Glad I became a Patient  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2009

I needed some cosmetic help for my face, He has treated me for my lines with Botox and Juvederm and has been very gentle. Pleasant staff, too. I look much better and am very pleased.

Oct 15th, 2009

Excellent, compassionate. Went in for acne and he reviewed options thoroughly.He also removed some growths and I barely felt it. Great staff. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

|  Dr. Comite is Your Dermatologist  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2008

Dr. Comite is not only an extraordinary dermatologist, he is an excellent doctor with regards to viewing the whole history of his client due to their dermatological issues. I have visited dermatologist that have performed cursory, mandatory exams. I did not get the feeling that my emotional distress as an adult suffering with cystic acne was validated or that I was important to the dermatologist.Not only does he examine his client skin, he is interested in how that client stressors (life) are effecting his internal homeostatsis which can further impact their dermatological issues.He understands the psychological damage of having blemished skin. He is empathetic to his clients. This helps the client in healing completely.Calming the stressors of one feeling psychology unattractive due to blemished skin has the profound effect of assisting the client in healing their whole self. One is comforted in knowing that Dr. Comite is going to imploy the best techniqes to assist in achieving blemish free skin.His staff are all genuinely kind, considerate, and work ardently whether they are directly involved in client care or involved in an administrative position.I highly recommend Dr. Comite, (As Your Dermatologist.)