Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

• Currently 2.448275862069 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Chrissy B on Oct 26th, 2014

I went to see Dr Conti for second opinion after having a surgical repair of my ankle by another Doctor that was broken in 3 places. Dr Conti took his time with me explaining everything using X-Ray and my ankle. Having CT scan then another appt with him. Dr Conti, did not rush to move to his next appointment, took his time to answer all my questions.

Aug 14th, 2014

Excellent surgical skill.worth driving 7 hours for surgery and appointments

by Jim Sanderbeck on Jan 26th, 2014

Dr. Conti and his surgical/medical staff are incredible. I desperately needed relief from severe ankle pain due to chronic injuries and arthritis deterioration. I'm 69 years old and sure wasn't looking forward to an ankle fusion but that was the choice I felt best for me. The care, professional counsel and service was incredible. I now have no pain and movement is not that bad. I recommend him and his team highly. If you want the best, Dr. Conti is the go-to guy.

|  The Best !  |  show details
by Terry McGill on Sep 19th, 2013

Dr Conti saved me from getting an ankle fusion ten years ago when that was all that other doctors could do. I've lived with very little pain since and recommend Dr Conti to anyone with arthritis in their ankle. My replacement ankle has been wonderful and allowed me to lead a very active life with some limitations. The surgery went well but recovery does take time. Longer than knee and hip replacements but it is worth the wait.

|  long time patient  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2012

The doctor is worth the wait. Everyone would like to have the doctor's attention as they are trying to help you - instead of complaining about waiting - think if he just rushed you out of the office instead of spending the extra time as needed. If you cannot be patient to wait for him--you should not be his patient.

|  Partial Plantar Fasciectomy Patient  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2012

The BEST foot and ankle specialist in the tri-state area. Dr. Conti can, and does, fix everything. The only downfall is the amount of time it takes to get in to see him because he is in such demand. Well worth the wait. Three other doctors misdiagnosed me and were treating me for the wrong condition. Dr. Conti diagnosed me within about 5 minutes and his assumption was confirmed by an MRI. I am currently well on my way to recovery after Dr. Conti's surgery. Communication between Dr. Conti, his assistant, and myself kept me informed prior to my surgery and during my recovery period. You won't be sorry that you chose him. He is the best.

|  Donlt expect to be treated as a human being. You are just a foot!.  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2012

I had surgery for Morton's Neuroma over a month ago. My foot turns blue as soon as I stand up. Can't bear weight and have to use crutches. I am only 130lbs so it's not obesity. The nerves are worse that pre-surgery. Is this normal?? Who knows because he didn't tell me anything but insult another doctor's diagnosis. If I was informed on what to expect, I wouldn't be as terrified that I might lose my foot or it's function. I went to him because of past referrals. Maybe he is good on ankles?

|  Misdiagnosed problem  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

released my husband as healed when he had AVN. If he would have bothered to read the report from the radiologist he would have been aware of the problem. Instead we had to find another doctor and have two additional surgeries to fix the AVN.

|  Bunionectomy surgery  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I used this doctor over 10 years ago for a bunionectomy and to remove a "bunionette". His work was absolutely amazing -I recovered quickly and signs of scarring were not even present a year later. Over 10 years later, my foot is beautiful and I do not have any problems. I had this surgery done when I was 30 and had bunion surgery on my other foot when I was 13 but a different doctor. There is a world of difference in my two feet -even a few years after my first surgery, my foot had horrible scarring and the bunion came back. I am very pleased with his work and would recommend him to anyone. However, be ready for a very long wait (I would always have to take 1/2 day vacation from work for any appt -you would easily spend 4 hours there -over 3 hours waiting). Perhaps things have changed since then. BUT -he was worth it -there is a reason some doctors are busy!

Jul 9th, 2012

I had surgery for a severe bunion 9 months ago and could not have been more pleased. I will have the bunion on my other foot repaired this Fall. Unlike the vast majority of bunions which are caused by bad footwear choices, mine are caused by a congenital problem which was thoroughly explained to me by Dr. Conti. I found him after a year long search following an appointment with another surgeon who was going to cut every bone in my foot and leave me in a wheel chair for 2 months. I knew there had to be a better way and after viewing an episode of "The Doctors" who did an episode on the "mini tightrope" method of bunion repair, I set out to find a local surgeon who used this device. Dr. Conti quickly explained to me that the "Mini tightrope" wasn't the magic quick and easy solution to bunion repair that was depicted on the Doctors TV show, but instead was just one step in several for successful repair. He spent a lot of time with me thoroughly explaining my condition and the surgical procedure for repair; still quite a process, but not the unimaginable procedure described by the first Dr. I had seen. 9 months later, I couldn't be more pleased. My foot looks great, and I have excellent balance, as I am a serious Tai Chi student and can balance better on the repaired foot than the other. I can't wait to have the other done. It did take me quite some time to get an initial appointment and about 6 weeks to get a surgery date, but to me, that only spoke to the demand for his services. I was warned that there can be a bit of a wait once you arrive for your appointment, but it wasn't that bad at all, and after all the time he spent explaining things to me and willingly answering all my questions, I could understand why he gets behind. Any questions I had between my appointment and surgery I e-mailed in and was promptly and thoroughly answered by his PA. I also saw his PA for post op visits and I had no problem with that because of his knowledge and experience. I had no post op problems, so there was no need to see Dr. Conti and I feel sure if there was a problem, he would have addressed it personally. I found the entire medical staff professional, concerned and friendly. I had no problems with the front office staff, either. Even though it was a 2 month haul after the surgery, I am not apprehensive at all after my experience with the first surgery, but am anxious to have it done. K. Rush

Jul 5th, 2012

One of his key staff person is the rudest person I met. I had not call the office in several years for an emergency appointment and she was still there and still as rude. Why would a good Dr. let a scheduling person treat his patients so rudely.

Mar 15th, 2012

I too have seen other surgeons and will have surgery to fix what Dr. Conti did not fix. My bunion is now bigger than it was before the surgery and because of what he did, my current dr. is not sure she can fix it. NO desire to talk or answer questions. Very arrogant I think. Long, long waits at the office and I had to make many phone calls before my records were sent to my current doctor. I wish I had followed my instincts and not stayed with him, but I went by his "excellent reputation" which may not be deserved.

|  stay away  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

having another surgery to fix what he did not

Jan 18th, 2012

Dr. Conti and his staff are excellent. They were very helpful and spent a lot of time with me. I feel very comfortable in their care. I will be having surgery soon and finally getting my foot problem fixed for the last time (this will be my 4th surgery, other 3 sx were by other doctors).

Sep 26th, 2011

after second surgery, Dr was not pleased with results and did his own manipulations in office..... very painful and resulted in more damage

Mar 1st, 2011

I think Dr. Conti is a great doctor. I have very severe ligament/capsule damage in my ankle, and Dr. Conti is the one who "cleaned up" the other doctors mess and the only one who seemed to truly care. Although you may have a small wait to see him on your appointment day, I feel it is truly worth it! Thanks Dr. Conti for being a great doctor!

|  Ashley Martinez  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

I thought he was a great Doctor. I thank him for everything he had done for me, and I'm glad after breaking my calcaneous bone, that I can walk so well!

|  Don't go  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2011

Read the public relations and waited six months to see Dr. Conti. Waited over an hour in his office. Told me I needed bunion surgery. Had it. Never saw him again after the or. Now five years later I have the reverse condition. Second doctor asked if I had been informed of percentage of failures; I had not. Seond doctor's opinion was that I was unnecessarily non-weightbearing for 8 weeks because he completely reduced the angle of my toe and caused the opposite condition. Did I mention that he broke the drill in my foot and told me I had the drill bit in my toe? I thought he was joking but he wasn't. He may have written academic papers but if I had it to do over I would never go to him.

|  Patient care is more important  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2010

After a long awaited appointment with Dr. Conte. as in over an hour and several months in scheduling, I was dissapointed. I found his demeanor to be a bit condescending. When I tried to ask questions based on research he seemed very irritated. I waited for the appointment because of his reputation as a good surgeion however, his arrogance was enough to send me elsewhere. He acted as if he really didn't care about me as a patient. I will take a skilled surgeion WITH the ability to relate to his/ her patients any day.

|  Save yourself agony, pain and dissappointment  |  show details
by Beverly Sheerer on Feb 25th, 2010

I went to him because of a "good reputation." I have had 2 surgeries with him and then switched to another doctor who did a successful 3rd surgery. I wish I had found Dr. no. 2 first and then I wouldn't have spent a whole year not walking. He is not personable, Pleasant, or accomadating. On top of everything my Conti surgeries made my condition worse. He could care less. His receptionist is the rudest person I've ever met and extremely difficult to deal with. I wanted records sent to my new surgeon and It took many phone calls and lies were told and the records were not at the new surgeons when I had my appt. I gave them 2 weeks to send them, and they told me untruthfully that they were sent. I have never had such an unpleasant with any health care provider.

|  Office staff is extremely impersonal and often rude  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2009

The doctor has an excellent reputation, and that is why I chose him. However my experience has been anything but excellent. I had surgery over 8 months ago, and was told I would have a recuperation time of 8 weeks. I still am non-weight bearing, have had to have a second surgery, and am dependent on others to do everything. I go back to the office for check-ups every 2-3 weeks (wait forever to be seen and am rudely treated much of the time), and then they shake their heads and say it's just not healing. In the meantime I feel life is passing me by and I'm getting nowhere, and I don't know where to turn. I've had little to no explanation for how or why this is happening.

|  Dr. Conti  |  show details
by Alleigh on Oct 13th, 2009

Very caring and knowledgable doctor, love his nurse Sidney... very caring and made me feel more at ease in the office. I feel very safe in his hands.