Dr. Stephen Copen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 16th, 2016
Great caring Dr.....LONG wait
Copen is a GREAT Dr. but he is busy (very busy). It's worth the wait. You will get a head to toe evaluation and he spend about 20 to 30 min per patient. He listens well and is very caring. If you are someone who is in a rush this is not the Dr for you. If you are looking for a caring dr who will answer all of your questions and spend as much (within reason) with you This is your guy.

July 9th, 2016
I choose Dr. Copen as my PCP. Very bad choice. On my first (and last!) visit I had to wait 40 minutes, before I was put in the room. Then after another 15 minutes wait I owas told that he is busy on the phone and even though the nurse tried to inform him that there Is a patient waiting he did not respponded. Very very disapointed. Actually, this was the first time with a physician who obviously does not care about a patient. Strongly do not recommend Dt. Stephen Copen.

January 8th, 2016
Wonderful doctor!
Sweetest, most concerned doctor I have ever had. The wait is long but worth it. He spends the time you need, and is very knowledgeable. I trust him and am treated very well.

July 27th, 2015
I love Dr Copen... wait is long
Amazing doctor if you don't mind waiting. He spends 30+ min with each person. He will see you during off hours if need be. I called him one day at like 430 i had pneumonia he asked me to have someone drive me, hubby get off at 7 so i said i could come the next day, he said just come as soon as hubby gets home. I did we did not get there until after 8 and he waited. We did not leave until after 9 and another person called and he said come on in

September 17th, 2013
I've waited up to 4 hours (no exaggeration) for a follow-up appt. Prepare to bring a book and/or things to do as he is extremely busy and has trouble setting time limits. However, know that this also means that if you need the extra time he WILL be there for you no matter how much time it takes. I feel bad that his family members are probably suffering as a result, but if you need him he will be there for you no matter how late it is.

September 10th, 2013
the wait time is horrible , at least 90 min. and often more. i make the 1st appt. of the day and still wait well over an hour just to be put in a room and then wait some more. he is nice , smart and concerned but is so over booked you never really feel you have his undivided attention when you are finally with him. my last physical was 4 months ago and i have not received the results nor ever heard from him. even after requesting the results in writing.

September 9th, 2013
A+ Doctor
I have been Dr. Copen's patient for 12 years. His vast medical knowledge saved my life! I have lived in the Los Angeles area for 55+ years. He is the best doctor I have found!

July 20th, 2011
Dr. Weinberg
Crazy, paranoid man. Very disturbed and delusional. Steer clear!

March 31st, 2011
Wait time has improved

February 7th, 2011
I waited 6 hours for an appointment. I paid my bill in full and 6 months later his billing office is trying to send me to collections for $55.00. I had to get my bank to send his billing company copies of checks that they cashed. Absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional. Not worth the wait to see this dr.

January 14th, 2011
Horrible bed side manner

July 1st, 2010
Speed it up just a little!
I love Dr. Copen, he's the best!