Dr. Stephen Courtney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 27th, 2016
Rupture Disc Surgery
Outstanding Surgeon, would highly recommend his services

August 27th, 2015
Worst doctor ever visited
Dr. Courtney is definitely the worst doctor I have ever come across. Poor to no bedside manner. He is part of a money-making scheme. Support staff is a complete mess also. Phone messages don't get replied to.

July 18th, 2012
Bad Doctor
Did not tell me about the risks and long term implications of my neck surgery, even though I asked. Ended up performing a very agressive surgery for a minor problem. I now regret trading a set of small problems for a set of bigger ones. Think twice before going to this Doctor.

February 27th, 2012
Cookie cutter philosophy
I went in with Neck Pain and they have 3 remedies. Time, pain killers or surgery. When I asked him what he thought was the problem, "Age, take some advil." I am 40 and in pretty good shape; I am pretty sure my neck isn't hurting because of age.They have a formula that fits 70% of their patients and it probably works if you are okay with taking medicine for long term relief.

August 23rd, 2011
Couldn't Be Happier
The 360 Fusion to replace the disc at the L5-S1 by Dr. Courtney is the best decision I could have made. At the 2 week follow up visit I was totally pain free related to the disc replacement and related to the surgery. At that point I did have some strength recovery to still happen. It has now been four weeks since my surgery and the only restrictions I have are reminding myself "not to over do it".

August 8th, 2011
BEST DOC IN DALLAbest surgeonS
I had a three level 360 and only three monthd later i am walking three miles and riding my bike and completely out of pain. He only operates for your health not just for the money!! I would never let another surgeon touch me but he is very confident but dont you want a confident doctor. I can tell he loves what he does and his pasion is beyond explanation. His offfice always calls you back if you have any questions. He also has lots of experience and you will be in great hands!!

April 5th, 2011
360 fusion
Thanks to Dr.Courtney for giving me my life back. I highly recommend him, Im more active now then i have ever been in my life.

February 21st, 2011
My visit was cut abruptly short because I am a cigarette smoker. I filled out the paperwork prior to my visit. When I got to the office I was given a seperate form to sign in regards to cigarette smoke and other "strong scents" stating that Dr Courtney would not stay in the room with me for an extended period of time. I had many questions that i was unable to ask beacause by ten minutes into the visit, he was standing outside the door. Now, I do understand the odor that smokers carry, however, I pride myself in not being one of the stinky ones. Dr Courtney could have had a better bedside manner as well. He did not seem to show much concern for MY concern about my back problems.

August 23rd, 2010
One of the best in Dallas/Plano area
He was the only one that understood the pain I was in and accurately laid out the steps in which I needed to correct them. He did my BACK surgery in 2003. I've had no real issues until now, however it's not related to the hardware he installed but my over use and a misdiagnosis by other docs. I went back to Dr. Courtney and he's right back on the track and I'm feeling better each day, it took him 30 minutes when after a stay in a hospital the docs couldn't figure it out after 4 days. Might I include I wish it wasn't such a "feeling of being hearded in and out" in the office but if I get the right care, I guess that shouldn't matter. By the way, he likes to crack little jokes. I like that... he's easy to talk too. I trust him completely.