Dr. Stephen Cruz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Cruz?

Posted on November 14th, 2015

The Doctor wasn't very knowledgeable about the mouth area. Went to oral surgeon to find out about fungal problem causing much pain. Parts of physical exam very rushed.

Perfunctory at best

Posted on January 8th, 2014

I took my mom in to the walk-in clinic on a Sunday morning and Dr. Cruz was on staff that day. I was not impressed. His physical exam was perfunctory at best, and he asked if she had liver or kidney problems 3 times. The answer didn't change from two minutes ago! Evidently he didn't read the RN's charting because he didn't know she was running a fever. Nearly had her hyperventilate in order to get her pulse-ox level up to acceptable levels. Sheesh! He didn't address her chief complaint at all. I wouldn't go to him on an ongoing basis!

Bad day or bad bedside manner?

Posted on July 21st, 2012

I met Dr. Cruz at an immediate care location at the advice of a nurse at Nurse Direct. Dr. Cruz was friendly but he did not listen to what I was telling him. I had a previous injury and wanted to make sure my current pain was typical of that injury. Instead of focusing on that he started over and was trying to eliminate any other possibilities. He formed an immediate diagnosis of acid reflux even though the pain wasn't in the usual location and antacids didn't help. He was busy and left the exam room several times. Once he confused me with another patient. He tried some simple tests which I told him had already been tried and suggested that if I had come at a better time he would have been able to do a complete body scan which would have been very expensive and totally unnecessary. He finally saw that I had been on an antidepressent over five years ago and started talking to me like I was a child. I was insulted. He told me three possible causes for my pain and recommended OTC medications for each of them. All of his "hunches" were incorrect and my original suspicions that it was from the recent injury was correct. I could not get out of the exam room fast enough even though I was still in pain. I will never go to that immediate care again if I know he is the attending physician.

Posted on February 11th, 2017