Dr. Stephen Keith Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 24th, 2015
Excellent care
Had my first visit with Dr Keith yesterday. I cannot say enough about the excellent care I received from not only Dr Keith, but his staff. He took his time answering all and any questions I had. He was patient and kind and made me feel at ease. I will be returning for a follow up visit at which time we will discuss my surgery. I would recommend Dr Keith wholeheartedly.

March 26th, 2015
I saw Dr. Keith for a regular exam just before Christmas. He found a problem and suggested surgery. He was very good about explaining everything that would happen with the surgery, and about explaining the complication that I had. He had no issues with prescribing pain medication that was appropriate for my situation, and his staff were all courteous and knowledgeable.

March 24th, 2014
This doctors nurse Lisa is so rude. She told me there was no reason that I should be in pain & that they wont give me anything for pain when I went to the hospital with a level 9 pain level. This was my 3rd child Dr Keith delivered. I never told my doc or hospital I was a 9 level in pain other than when I was in labor. She told me I pretty much was lying. I had to switch my doctor because of nurse Lisa was in intake nurse. She takes everyones info & they thought I would be bette off finding another doctor at 5 1/2 months pregnant. Dr. Keith. Didn't seem like he cared how she acted & I told him she is like this more than 3 times already to me. Nobody else I ever had problems with but her. The fact he didn't seem shocked let me know I;m not the only one. Infact my new doctor asked my why I had to change doctors & I told her. she said they have a 3 this week come in new patients from Dr. Keiths office. She is running patients away. I had a umbilical hernia repair when I had my C-section. Thanks to my new doctor he did it the same times I had my tubes tied. I told them it hurt to do anything & it helped the pain to hold the weight up with my arms & hands when I walked. I got a belly support band for the weight. That's why I'm shocked they didn't even care to check it out & why I was in so much pain. I will never go back.

February 8th, 2012
I would recommend this doctor.
Dr. Keith is a younger doctor. He is gentle, compassionate and knowledgeable. His bedside manner is top-notch. His nurses are also very sweet and compassionate. The nurse practitioner does not have quite the bedside manner that he has, but is sufficient. Dr. Keith has preformed two surgeries (and soon a third) for me. He is a skilled surgeon and has access to some of the best surgical equipment in the area. The only complaints I have about seeing this doctor are this: one can usually expect a wait of at least an hour. My visit yesterday took two hours from the time my appointment was scheduled to take place and when I walked out the door. Also, he is extremely reluctant to prescribe any sort of medication to treat major pain, even after surgery. Overall, I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone seeking a caring ob/gyn.

December 9th, 2011
Wouldn't go to a different OBGYN!
The first thing I always check when my insurance changes is whether or not Dr. Keith is one of the preferred providers! He is a great doctor and you feel like he genuinely cares about you. He explains everything, never makes you feel like you are taking too much of his time, and never makes you feel like you are asking too many questions. He delivered all 3 of my boys and just did my hysterectomy. I wish he was a family doctor too so we could all go see him for all of our medical needs!

January 17th, 2011
My wife recently visited his Sheffield, AL office. About a week before the visit she was called saying he couldn't do his job. She was more then welcome to see a nurse practioner. She asked the lady if our insurance would cover that and the lady said she would let her know and took our insurance provider. No phone calls came back so like most, no news is good news. My wife arrived at the doctors office to find out that the nurse visit would not be covered under our insurance. We on our way out made the comment that if this doctor couldn't do his job and keep appointments then he should not be scheduling appointments. We drive a truck and deal with many appointments. IF we don't meet those we have to pay fines out of our check. To get this appointment my wife had to hassle with our dispatcher to be off today. Now after a month of waiting, they told her she could reschedule and wait another month and have to inform our dispathcer of this inconvience once again. In the end, it is the office staff who scheduled my wife on a day they knew the doctor was going to be out. The staff used the excuse of "we don't know when a surgery or baby is going to be born." Last time I noticed, there is no week notice of a baby being born. It is a spur of the moment event. Surgery, yes, but, have another doctor see your patients. I see it as he can't handle his job and my wife has decided she would not want to deal with this doctor now. My personal belief is that he forgot it was Martin Luther King's day and decided to be off for the holiday and had now had to inconvience his patients because of this.

June 23rd, 2010
Dr.Keith is a wonderful Dr
I had so many problems with my pregnancy with my son,and no matter when or how often something was wrong with me Dr. Keith was always there for me..He took care of me like i was related to him,like my worrys was also his worrys.My son was born early and thanks to Dr.Keith taking such good care of me my son is almost 5 months old now and there has not been anything wrong with him. I thank Dr.Keith for caring so much about me..Id recommend him to any patient!

August 3rd, 2017