Obstetricians & Gynecologists

1100 S Jackson Hwy
Ste 259
Sheffield, AL 35660
(256) 766-2600
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 24th, 2014

This doctors nurse Lisa is so rude. She told me there was no reason that I should be in pain & that they wont give me anything for pain when I went to the hospital with a level 9 pain level. This was my 3rd child Dr Keith delivered. I never told my doc or hospital I was a 9 level in pain other than when I was in labor. She told me I pretty much was lying. I had to switch my doctor because of nurse Lisa was in intake nurse. She takes everyones info & they thought I would be bette off finding another doctor at 5 1/2 months pregnant. Dr. Keith. Didn't seem like he cared how she acted & I told him she is like this more than 3 times already to me. Nobody else I ever had problems with but her. The fact he didn't seem shocked let me know I;m not the only one. Infact my new doctor asked my why I had to change doctors & I told her. she said they have a 3 this week come in new patients from Dr. Keiths office. She is running patients away. I had a umbilical hernia repair when I had my C-section. Thanks to my new doctor he did it the same times I had my tubes tied. I told them it hurt to do anything & it helped the pain to hold the weight up with my arms & hands when I walked. I got a belly support band for the weight. That's why I'm shocked they didn't even care to check it out & why I was in so much pain. I will never go back.

|  I would recommend this doctor.  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

Dr. Keith is a younger doctor. He is gentle, compassionate and knowledgeable. His bedside manner is top-notch. His nurses are also very sweet and compassionate. The nurse practitioner does not have quite the bedside manner that he has, but is sufficient. Dr. Keith has preformed two surgeries (and soon a third) for me. He is a skilled surgeon and has access to some of the best surgical equipment in the area. The only complaints I have about seeing this doctor are this: one can usually expect a wait of at least an hour. My visit yesterday took two hours from the time my appointment was scheduled to take place and when I walked out the door. Also, he is extremely reluctant to prescribe any sort of medication to treat major pain, even after surgery. Overall, I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone seeking a caring ob/gyn.

|  Wouldn't go to a different OBGYN!  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

The first thing I always check when my insurance changes is whether or not Dr. Keith is one of the preferred providers! He is a great doctor and you feel like he genuinely cares about you. He explains everything, never makes you feel like you are taking too much of his time, and never makes you feel like you are asking too many questions. He delivered all 3 of my boys and just did my hysterectomy. I wish he was a family doctor too so we could all go see him for all of our medical needs!

Jun 28th, 2011

Dr. Keith is very caring and thorough. He listened to my questions and answered them professionally and friendly. I was so nervous for my first visit, but he made me feel comfortable. He described everything he was going to do and showed me the instruments he'd use. He's just a very caring person and I wouldn't use anyone else. I'd recommend him to any woman.

Jan 17th, 2011

My wife recently visited his Sheffield, AL office. About a week before the visit she was called saying he couldn't do his job. She was more then welcome to see a nurse practioner. She asked the lady if our insurance would cover that and the lady said she would let her know and took our insurance provider. No phone calls came back so like most, no news is good news. My wife arrived at the doctors office to find out that the nurse visit would not be covered under our insurance. We on our way out made the comment that if this doctor couldn't do his job and keep appointments then he should not be scheduling appointments. We drive a truck and deal with many appointments. IF we don't meet those we have to pay fines out of our check. To get this appointment my wife had to hassle with our dispatcher to be off today. Now after a month of waiting, they told her she could reschedule and wait another month and have to inform our dispathcer of this inconvience once again. In the end, it is the office staff who scheduled my wife on a day they knew the doctor was going to be out. The staff used the excuse of "we don't know when a surgery or baby is going to be born." Last time I noticed, there is no week notice of a baby being born. It is a spur of the moment event. Surgery, yes, but, have another doctor see your patients. I see it as he can't handle his job and my wife has decided she would not want to deal with this doctor now. My personal belief is that he forgot it was Martin Luther King's day and decided to be off for the holiday and had now had to inconvience his patients because of this.

|  Dr.Keith is a wonderful Dr  |  show details
by Carrie Bolton....Tuscumbia,Alabama on Jun 23rd, 2010

I had so many problems with my pregnancy with my son,and no matter when or how often something was wrong with me Dr. Keith was always there for me..He took care of me like i was related to him,like my worrys was also his worrys.My son was born early and thanks to Dr.Keith taking such good care of me my son is almost 5 months old now and there has not been anything wrong with him. I thank Dr.Keith for caring so much about me..Id recommend him to any patient!

|  THANK YOU!!!  |  show details
by SONDRA BUTLER on May 16th, 2010

WELL WHEN I FIRST MEET DR.KEITH,I HAD AL READY HAD PRE-TERM BABIES,SO AT 19WEEKS I WAS IN PRE TREM LABOR BUT WITH DR KEITH'S HELP SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING,I HELD ON LONGER THAN EVER,AND NOW IM PROUD TO SAY MY 36.6 WEEK BABY IS NOW ALMOST 7 AND GROWING LIKE A WEED,:)I WAS ALSO THERE WHEN HE HAD TO DO ONE OF THE HARDEST THING'S A DOCTOR,FATHER,HUSBAND,A HUMAN SHOULD EVER HAVE TO DO HE HAD TO DELIVER MY NEPHEW WHO HAD ALREADY PASSSED AWAY,HE WAS IS A VERY CARING MAN AND I WOULDNT LET MY FAMILY SEE ANY ONE ELSE,CAUSE IN MINE MY FAMILY'S EYES HE IS A VERY CARING MAN,THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME SONDRA&KAILEE BUTLER