Dr. Stephen Rioux Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Rioux?

Useless

Posted on June 10th, 2014

Been going to him for my son for about 2 years. Used to really like him. Last time i went was about 2 months ago. I called and asked about a specific procedure he told me to make the trip to see him (its a 6 hour round trip for us) we waited for about 45 minutes until we were called in to his office. he then proceded to tell me that he wasnt even considering the procedure for my son (couldve told me that over the phone) then told me that my sons neurological difficulties ONLY effect him .0000000001% of his week (which is wrong if he would only listen to me). My appointment lasted maybe 15 minutes and while i was still talking about my sons condition he opened the office door to signify me that my appointment was over. I left crying that day. My son continued to have issues i called the office 4 weeks later. He then had his nurse tell me that it was time for ME to start considering he same procedure i had traveled 6 hours to talk to him about. We now have a 2nd opinion appointment coming up. I would NOT recommend him. 3 months ago i really respected him. Not anymore. I am continuing my search for another pediatric Neurologist

This Dr. is a pompous jerk

Posted on September 14th, 2011

I called to schedule an appointment (I was referred by my PCP for my son) and was told he won't accept medicaid patients anymore. So social status matters when getting good neurological medical care in Portland Maine because he is a monopoly. Nobody is going to stop going to him because I posted this and even if they were to, they couldn't because there is no other neurologists around.AWFUL!

Posted on April 26th, 2017