Dr. Stephen Deal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

November 29th, 2016
Dr. Deal and Staff are the best!!

August 13th, 2016
Horrible Gastroenterologist ever
What a TERRIBLE doctor, I read bad reviews about Dr. Deal but I gave him a chance and I made an appointment with him, What a horrible mistake, this guy is Arrogant, doesn't listen to the patients, and he thinks that his patients are animals and only $$$$$$$ please read reviews and don't make the same mistake I made.

April 13th, 2016
The best doctor
The absolute best doctor ever. Very concerned about your overall health in order to figure out the problem in ref. to the digestive tract. I would highly recommend him.

October 10th, 2015
Rude
Doctor dismissed my issues without asking for details. This was my third visit in 8 years. Dr. showed same attitude each visit. I refuse to go back.

September 14th, 2015
Awesome Doctor
The best Doctor you could ever ask for. He's the best at what he does! Will recommend him to anyone that needs a gastroenterologist.

February 18th, 2015
He made me very comfortable had a great bedside manner I have been seeing him for around 10 years he is very interested in my unique family history My husband also doctors with dr deal and has been pleased.

May 6th, 2014
Computer Analyst
Dr. Deal has proven to me after about five years as a patient to be a very caring doctor. I will continue to see him till I am old and gray and would recommend him in a heartbeat

January 23rd, 2014
Thankful
When I saw Dr Deal I was very concerned about choking episodes I'd been having. I explained that these episodes had become so frequent and so severe that I'd taught my 5 year old a sign I would use in the event she would need to call 911. I further explained to the dr. that when she was at school I was afraid to eat or drink for fear of choking while home alone with my 6 month old, but since I was breast feeding, I had to do both regularly in order to maintain my milk supply. Upon hearing this Dr Deal told me he wanted to take immediate action and he had me do lab work that day. Within less than 1 week he did an endoscopy and widened my esophagus. My choking episodes were a thing of the past and I am so thankful! Dr. Deal really listened and made me a priority. In all of my follow ups he and his PA Jennifer have given me quality care. They really take time with me and show a concern for their patients you don't often see in doctors. Finally, Dr Deal had been recommended to me by 2 individuals. First, my GP who I respect, and the other, a dear friend who works at CMC as a Nurse Practitioner. My friend always knows the inside scoop on dr.s and she has never failed to give me the name of the best doctors. Dr. Deal is the best GI specialist in the Charlotte area and I know this first hand.

October 29th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Deal for over 12 years. I find that he listens to me and understands my concerns. He is very knowledgeable and always steers me in the right direction regarding what to do and not do. His bedside manner is excellent and he offers practical solutions. Overall I have been extremely pleased with him and his staff.

October 29th, 2013
Dr. Deal is a wonderful doctor. He saved my Husband's life. We have referred numerous patients to him. It is a blessing to have such a gifted and talented doctor in our area.

October 23rd, 2013
Dr. Deal began seeing my 84 year old mother four years ago after a third surgery to repair a para-esophageal hernia resulted in an unexpected gastrectomy. Because of a leak in the new connection (between esophagus/small intestine), her surgeon called the expert, Dr. Deal, to stent the troublesome area. The stenting procedure was successful and after another procedure to remove the stent, the new connection became “tight” and required very frequent esophageal dilations for 6-8 months. Dr. Deal took time to explain this process and was always kind to my mother, asking how she was doing before every procedure and exchanging light hearted banter! When other problems arose, he acted quickly to find the problem and has continued to try different things to help my mother’s new digestive process, often remarking “I want to help you.” During subsequent office visits, we have found him to be genuinely interested in her, friendly and caring, willing to answer our questions and concerns. Like my mother, I trust him explicitly and would want no other physician treating her, or myself!

October 18th, 2013
I would recommend Dr. Deal to anyone who wants positive results
I have been dealing with severe acid reflux & sharp pains in my chest for years. Years ago another Dr. told me it was my gallbladder & took it out but problems still there. I have visited several different doctors & no of them could find what my problem was. I searched the internet to find a Doctor who had excellent credentials & found Dr.Deal. He was The Doctor who found my problem. He was dedicated to me & I felt his concern to find the problem & after some test, He did. I am grateful to Dr. Deal & would recommend him to anyone. I found him to be a great listener & spent as much time as needed to find solutions. Thank you Dr. Deal & your staff :)