A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Donovan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Donovan is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Donovan
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Donovan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Donovan, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Donovan graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo.
Dr. Donovan has 11 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Joseph Donovan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Stephen J. Donovan practice?
- Dr. Stephen Donovan has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Donovan practices Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Addiction Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists and New York Child Psychiatrists.