Dr. Stephen Doran MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 21st, 2016
Very, Very dissatisfied. Dr. Doran doesnt take the time to talk to you and his PA Julie is very, very rude!!.

August 12th, 2016
Dr. Doran is amazing. I highly recommend him. Never, ever, ever go to a spine surgeon for back surgery. Neurosurgeons have like 7 years more training and education. Dr. Doran is super smart and has a super bedside manner. I am not too hip on his staff that is suppose to return patient calls. At least 4 times I left a message and either the call was not returned or it was returned days later. I realize they are busy but if they are too busy to return calls then more staff should be hired. My operation was outpatient and cost $50,000. Glad it was outpatient but that means if I am calling into the office with a question I need to speak to someone sooner rather than later.

July 15th, 2016
Had 2 spinal surgeries with excellent results! 1999 and 2014.

September 10th, 2015
I had a bulging disc and bone cyct at the same vertebrae. It was difficult and painful to walk, sit, stand or even lay in bed. Dr. Doran was my surgeon. As I was waking up the pain was gone. I was able to do things that I had not been able to do for some time. Wonderful!!!

August 17th, 2015
Very satisfied with outcome
Dr. Doran went over the surgery in detail and explained everything well. He spent plenty of time with me both before and after surgery. He answered all my questions and was very prompt in returning phone calls.

May 16th, 2015
When I first met Dr. Doran I thought he was great, but when it came to the day of my surgery I only saw him for a minute just long enough for him to make a mark on my back. I talk to the surgery staff more then Dr. Doran. After my surgery he did not even come and talk to me to let me know how it went not even his PA came in. I know that he was busy but I feel he could have came and talk to me. No discharge notes of what to do at home. I called his office the same day of the surgery to ask questions this was before 3:00 p.m. and noone ever called me back. I wish things would have been better.

March 11th, 2015
Everyone was very friendly and efficient dr doran has a great bedside manner

August 16th, 2014
Dr. Doran helped me through a very difficult problem. He was very compassionate.

June 20th, 2013
Brilliant surgeon and staff
I was quickly referred to Dr Doran by other physicians who spoke very highly of him. He immediately put me at ease, addressed excruciating trauma to my spine, and while all of Omaha was homebound during a blizzard, I was in emergency surgery with Dr Doran. I am thankful for Dr Doran and his amazing staff. They are friendly and exceptional professionals which was very refreshing. PA Julie was also an amazing lifesaver in answering my many questions and quickly following up to address concerns!

April 21st, 2012
Very skilled surgeon. Spent considerable time with me.

October 21st, 2011
Great Doctor and Surgeon.

September 11th, 2010
Dr. Doran is a brilliant neurosurgeon. He swiftly made a critical diagnosis and performed a delicate brain surgery which saved my father's life. He was open and honest about options, alternatives, and potential outcomes, and we felt he really cared for the well being of our family member.