Dr. Stephen Durkee Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Durkee?

Excellent!

Posted on May 13th, 2016

Dr. Durkee & Mary are fantastic! Never want to leave them-great bedside manner.

Posted on April 9th, 2016

This Doctor is terrible

Posted on January 2nd, 2016

Dr. Durkee is the best ob/gyn I've ever been to. He made me feel comfortable from the first time I met him. He sat in his office with me going over my history and answering my questions. When I had a miscarriage late in my pregnancy he was very sympathetic throughout everything including my follow up appointment. His nurse Mary is awesome as well. She returns all of my calls promptly and does not hesitate when something needs to be done. Dr. Durkee and Mary make a great team. Ive never waited in his office for more than 15 mins to be seen and he's always willing to answer any questions without making me feel as though he's rushing.

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

Dr durkee is great but his office staff is incompetent to the third power for 4 hours I waited to find out they thought I had already been seen. Smh I will never dart these doors ever again

Takes time to answer all questions and cares about his patients

Posted on May 7th, 2013

Dr. Durkee always takes the time to answer any questions or concerns that I have. I never feel rushed and would happily recommend him to family and friends. All the staff are caring and professional .

Posted on March 19th, 2012

Be prepared to be offended by his commitments, to have your stomach never touched, for him to do the minimum..! Just look for a new doctor don't chose him especially if your on medicaid or not white..

Posted on June 9th, 2011

Dr. Durkee is a great doctor with great bedside manners. He asked questions other doctor's don't think to ask. I enjoy the care I receive from him. I LOVE my doctor.The ladies at the front desk can use a course in customer service.

Glad I made the Switch

Posted on July 19th, 2010

I began seeing Dr. Durkee after the practice I had been going to had lost the last of their female doctors (who were leaving in droves). Though I was hesitant about going to male, I had seen just how professional and caring he had been to my sister who had undergone so difficult issues. During my first visit, Dr. Durkee met with me in his office prior to my exam to discuss medical history, and any questions or issues I wanted to discuss. Doing this in an office face to face vs. me in paper gown on a table was much less intrusive and embarrassing. He has great bedside manner and quite a sense of humor.

Great Doctor

Posted on July 6th, 2010

I first saw this doctor after three years with another doctor in town (who I will not name, but I will never recomend), from the very first visit with Dr. Durkee, I was made to feel comfortable and he has always been available to answer any and all my questions and give me the guidance I needed in any situation I have asked him about. His staff is great, I just love his nurse,she is equally as helpful as Dr. Durkee himself. I would highly recomend him to anyone.

Ex-Patient

Posted on January 13th, 2010

Dr.Durkee was to be my first OBGYN in the Macon area. I went to the office for my first appt. and right off the receptionist was very nasty towards me and had a very rude attitude. But the worst was when I was literally and physically rushed by the doctor. He was very impersonal and he made one of the most uncomfortable statements. My husband and I have (4) chlldren and this child is going to make (5). I could not believe he said "Dang girl how many are you gonna have"! I was just livid and very uncomfortable at the time I was sitting stir-ups having a ultra sound with an x-ray probe, if I could of I would have been out of there within a flash. I just think he could of keep that nasty comment to himself, he spent no time trying to be friendly or even care about me being a new patient this Dr. is a racist and has terrible bedside manner. That same day I asked to be transferred out. And part of his staff said that if I didn't find someone within 1 week I would not have a doctor...Yeah right. I found someone right away and I am proud to say that this is the greatest doctor ever she is a delight.

Posted on November 12th, 2009

Recommend to anyone! Great doctor. Makes you feel very comfortable to ask any and every question.

Posted on October 18th, 2017