A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Higgins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Higgins is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Higgins
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Higgins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Higgins, MD, OD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Higgins graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Higgins has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Bronson Methodist Hospital
- Borgess-Lee Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen E Higgins MD and OD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Stephen E. Higgins practice?
- Dr. Stephen Higgins has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Higgins practices Ophthalmology near Portage, MI.
See Portage Ophthalmologists.