Dr. Stephen Eichert DO Patient Reviews

• 8 reviews

September 9th, 2016
Excellent!
Dr. Eichert took time to thoroughly explain what was wrong and what the surgery would accomplish. He was involved after surgery for follow up, and excited about the improvement being made through physical therapy.

May 6th, 2015
Great doctor
He doesn't hold your hand, but he dies cure your back pain. I was in hospital for 7 days under pain management. I had gone the whole nine yards to stop the horrible pain. We decided on microdiscectomy with laminectomy. 6 weeks later I'm pain free and returning to normal. I am grateful.

March 6th, 2015
Unbelievably rude...he's in Topeka, KS now
I have been off work with an injury for 15 months, and I was seeking another opinion as I have been returned to work with permanent restrictions. My previous doctor was great, but he had run out of ideas/options for treatment. I went to my appointment full of hope that this doctor could help my worsening back injury. What he actually did was treat me like I was ignorant, rolled his eyes at me when I described my pain, and made me feel like I couldn't speak unless spoken to. I'm an RN, and I've never seen a doctor treat patients the way he did. But the worst thing he did was at the end of the appointment: he said, "We'll get flexion/extension x-rays, but I don't think we will find anything." He said that twice! I will never go back to him and never recommend him to anyone (unless I don't like them.)

June 20th, 2012
He doesn't explain anything. I'm in more pain now than before and would never go back to him nor recomend to anyone. He also made me feel like a "baby". I thought much of my pain would be gone but it has gotten worse by the day.

May 10th, 2012
Obnoxious...
I visited this doctor because of a constant pain in my lower back. On the first visit he was very respectful, and provided me with a list of exercises designed to strengthen the area. After about 2 weeks, I went back because there was no noticeble change. He said I wasn't "trying hard enough", then started talking in medical terms that I didn't understand. When I asked him to explain in normal everyday English, he told me, "Go on the web, it can all be found there." I assumed he was having a bad day, but the next visit was even worse, as he insulted me by calling me a "baby" for still hurting. I left and never went back. Can I give this guy negative stars?

June 28th, 2011
I LOVED WHAT HE DID FOR ME.
I was in horrible pain for weeks and couldn't get out of bed.Dr. Eichert performed an endoscopic disectomy on me and I immediately I had no pain. I do everything he told me to do, and I am doing fine. He has performed 1000 of these procedures and that counts for a lot. I did not expect him to hold my hand, but I did expect him to heal me..., and that is what he did. It all went smoothly--I am walking and living my life without any pain. It will be two more months of being very careful and doing my exercises, and I am forever grateful.

November 12th, 2010
Kind and caring and skilled.

September 1st, 2010
When I first met Dr. Eichert I must be honest and say that I didn't care too much for him... but after awhile I realized that it was the information that he was giving me that I didn't care for, not Dr. Eichert himself. I learned that out of everyone Dr. Eichert was the one that I had the most respect and appreciation for. He never told me anything that wasn't true. So once we had overcome our battle, and Dr. Eichert told me everything was going to be ok, I could take a deep breath and rest assured that my daughter was going to be around for a long time. Its hard to find a doctor that you can put your trust into. Dr. Eichert is this doctor.