Dr. Stephen Ensminger Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Ensminger?

April 11th, 2017

Not too friendly

November 24th, 2015

Frustrated

My first visit was short all of 5 minutes. He told his staff to get me into the sleep lab and that I had sleep apnea according to my symptoms. The staff made me an appointment and it would be in two months. I asked about insurance and they said it would cover it. I was a week from the appointment date, and I call to the sleep lab. They said insurance did not cover it and I needed an in home study first. Well I had to pick it up on my lunch brake, so that meant finding a facility that first was close enough to do this and second took my insurance. I had to call around a lot and a month later I was able to bring home the machine and use it. Although I couldn't stand it in my nose I was able to get enough data on it to prove my sleep apnea. After this, I still had to go to the sleep lab and stay overnight hooked up to all kinds of wires and the Cpap machine itself. I was only in REM sleep 3 minutes actual sleep 3 hours. The lab was dusty and the staff was not friendly. The next week I went in to see Dr. Ensminger to clarify what kind of Cpap machine I would need. He did not even have the documents in my chart when I arrived. He had to get them to be sent over. Once doing so he said my prescription was correct. I went to the facility to get my Cpap machine and they said I was on the lowest setting and that they could not auto set the machine with out the prescription saying so. The machine can adjust to your breathing habits, but they will not set it to do so without a prescription. This makes no since to me. Why not go ahead and do this so no one has to worry about the prescription. The setting is in fact the most important part. So, I took home the machine. First night, second night, third night I snored all 3 nights I wore the mask and I could only handle it 2 to 3 hours on my face. What good is it if I am snoring in the mask? I called Dr. Ensmingers office 2 times on that Monday after. No one returned my phone calls nor changed my prescription. I have spent $75 each time to see Dr. Ensminger because he is a specialist. I have spent $200 out of pocket for the machine. I have yet to see the bills on the sleep studies that I had done. I am sure it is min. $300.00 out of pocket. All this money I have already spent, and I still snore in my sleep and can not get help. I am not happy. I would love a good nights rest. His staff does not seam to know much when you ask questions. Also, they do not follow up to make sure you were called back or your needs were taken care of. In my opinion he does not spend enough time looking at your chart, and the results to your study, and listening to what your needs may be to ultimately help you without coming to see him over and over again. He does not care about the patients out of pocket expenses. He does not even seam to care about me other then I should loose weight and all my problems would be over. I do not recommend this Doctor.

April 11th, 2017