Dr. Stephen Knox MD Patient Reviews

August 19th, 2017
Find another doctor

January 15th, 2015
Arrogant and Unprofessional
I agree with the other reviews. He is very rude and ignores the part about compassionate care. He doesn't care what you think about your health, condition. He acts like you are stupid and always refers you out to another doctor, neurologist, even though the issue is his specialty. I would never recommend him for a diagnoses.

August 12th, 2013
Be the first appointment of the day
Go into the office if you actually want anything done. The front office staff is close totally incompetent, no much different from other Sutter-run offices.

September 6th, 2012
Dr. Knox cancelled my appointment to take vacation
I had waited over two months for my appointment with Dr. Knox (first available appointment when I called). He cancelled my appointment to go on vacation and no one even called to tell me it was cancelled or schedule a new appointment - anything. Now I am waiting another week to see a different dr.

April 20th, 2012
Brilliant doctor
I've gone to Dr. Knox for two separate conditions: once for nerve conduction studies referent to my sciatica and the second time for trigeminal neuralgia. He was polite, professional, obviously extremely intelligent, knowledgeable (as would be expected of course.) He took time to assess my symptoms, diagnose, and mentioned the relevant therapeutic options, explained everything in detail, invited my questions and was very open to considering alternative treatment options for me such as acupuncture. At both visits he spent more time with me than I expected. I feel very confident and comfortable with Dr. Knox and highly recommend him.

March 14th, 2012
Un Kind,Calous Bedside Manner
To echo what another person candidly stated, I too found my appointment disheartening. I went to him with symptoms of a stroke when I presented with numbness down the entire side of my whole right side. During the "exam" when he asked me if one side felt different than the other I paused for a second to consider the sensation on th left from the right when he actually scolded me! By the way, the numbness lasted for several months. Thanks Dr for your "excellant care and compassion".

November 24th, 2011
Poor attitude about communications
Dr. Knox was good enough during my appointment in terms of taking a history and doing an exam; but just about everything else has been horrible. His assistants are unfriendly, make you feel like an imposition, and are slow to return phone calls. They had to refer me elsewhere to get studies done, it took forever, and no one even cared enough to call me with results. It seems the culture of this office is that they don't care about patients or feel the need to pretend otherwise.

September 22nd, 2011
This is an excellent doctor. I have seen him for several years for neuropathy. He listens carefully to what your concerns are and explains everything. He is sincere and an expert at diagnosing problems. He is easy to talk to and is honest about the diagnosis. He really will do everything he can to help you with your medical condition.I would highly recommend Dr. Knox!

July 6th, 2011
He made me feel like a fool
After entering his office, and not knowing what he looked like, I assumed that the person interviewing me was him. After about 45 minutes of questions and a few body tests, the STUDENT said "Dr Knox will be here in a few moments"I was being seen for migraines, and stuttering after a auto accident. When he came in, he told me to walk back and forth, repeat a series of verbal words, he then spent the following 5 mintues telling me that there was nothing wrong with me other than the fact that he noticed I looked "a little over weight" and suggested "getting back on the horse and start a workout program of walking everyday and or riding a bike" Also said that I should see a shrink to help me with any trama left over from the accident. When I asked, why am I stuttering, he pretty much smiled and said, if you follow my advice, you will see that go away, you will be fine. He then spent the next 5 minutes giving the 2 students in the room a lecture on the patient (that being me) as if I was not there. I have no idea what my follow up report looks like, I do know that I will be reporting him to the board of directors.

January 4th, 2011
Why practice medicine
Dr. Knox has been my doctor for many years. I was being seen by him for seizures after a head fall and problems with my legs. After being seen by him and other doctors out of the area, I read my medical records. He lied in my records. Making me look like the reasons for my seizures was a mental problem. I couldn't understand why a couple doc's said it was a mental problem. In my medical records he says that I was on disability for anxiety attacks. I was off for knee surgery. When he checked out my legs he basically said that I was faking it. I told him my surgeon and therapist said it was because of problems with the muscles in my legs not being attached to my knees right. How in the world did he come up with these lies. When I confronted him he said that he couldn't give me an answer of why he said these things. I asked him why he didn't put other information in the records of things that were important to my case. Once again he didn't know why. I never had seizures until I hit my head. Now I basically fired him. He said that he would still help me with my prescriptions. Now I am having trouble with him not calling me back to get my medicine and he won't call in a prescription. I am out of medicine and he don't care that my seizures are going to be coming back. Wish I new how to get him in trouble for not getting me my prescription. DON'T USE THIS GUY

May 27th, 2010
Terrible bedside manner! Came into the room in the middle of the procedure being performed by the nurse. Did not introduce himself (ever) or acknowledge me. Addressed the nurse to discuss other business and comment on unrelated discussion. Asked me 3 questions then began speaking to me in short commands, starting with "shirt off." Never described the procedure he was performing. He left me on the table with my shirt off as he typed up his report and neglected to tell me that he was done and I could put on my shirt and get comfortable until I finally asked. Did not discuss results, simply said he was sending them to the PCP physician and then he left the room.

July 20th, 2017