Dr. Stephen Firshein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Firshein?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Firshein?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 6th, 2016

Inaccurate Diagnosis

Dr. Firshein's bedside manner was just ok, but the worst issue was he very poor attention and eventual diagnosis. After pointing out a problem for two years, a growth that was continuing to increase significantly in size he kept pointing out that it was "just a fluid build up" and "nothing to worry about". Turned out he was extremely inaccurate, turned out to be a large Liposarcoma tumor. He doesn't listen to his patients issues and he should have helped me much sooner. Would definitely not recommend him and have found another doctor.

February 25th, 2016

INAPPROPRIATE TOUCHING

I AM A FEMALE IN MY 30'S. I WAS ASKED TO GO TO THE PRACTICE AS A RESULT OF A LOW WBC FROM MY PRIMARY. IN OUR "EXAM" THE DOCTOR ASKED ME TO LAY BACK. HE FELT AROUND MY STOMACH AND BRUSHED UP AGAINST MY BOOB THEN. THEN AGAIN AS HE WAS BRINGING HIS HANDS DOWN FROM EACH SIDE OF MY NECK. HE ACKNOWLEDGED IT AND APOLOGIZED THE 2ND TIME, BUT WHAT DOCTOR DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING AND FUMBLES WHEN GIVING AN EXAM? YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IF YOU'RE A WOMAN AND YOU DECIDE TO GO TO THAT DOCTOR. THE PRACTICE, THE OFFICE, THE STAFF HAD THIS SULLEN GREY FEEL. IT WAS AN AWKWARD, CREEPY FEEL ALL AROUND. I'M GLAD I NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK. IF I HAD SOMETHING TO PROPERLY REPORT HIM ON I WOULD, BUT YOU JUST KNOW WHEN SOMEONE IS A CREEP. IN ADDITION, HIS BEDSIDE MANNER WAS HORRIBLE. HE TOLD ME THAT LOW WBC WAS TYPICAL OF MY RACE AND I SHOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT IT. A 2ND OPINION IS NOW GOING TO BE NECESSARY, JUST TO MAKE SURE.

December 22nd, 2015

helped my wife thru 2 bouts of cancer.very grateful for his help and knowledge.thank God.

October 16th, 2015

Hematology At It's Best!!

The Wethersfield staff made this appointment so easy! They were very friendly and willing to help in any way... The Clinical Partners Lab was excellent in taking blood which was effortless, since I usually have difficulty giving blood. Dr. Firschein is a very caring and understanding person who takes the time to listen and answer all the questions you may have... his knowledge and expertise in the field of Hemotology puts you at ease and in the Best hands possible to monitor your progress. He also has a great sense of humor and makes you feel relaxed during an exam.

March 3rd, 2015

Excellent Dr

Very nice man. Feel like I have his undivided attention throughout the appointment. Am able to ask all the questions I need to without feeling rushed or burdensome. Had a procedure outside his office recently and needed approval from. He/his office answered right away. Only complaint is the wait.

November 12th, 2014

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Firshein. He was incredibly rude to my husband and I. I agree with the other review, in that he belongs in a laboratory rather than with patients. He lacks compassion and is very abrasive. I would never recommend him after what we've been through.

May 13th, 2013

Find another doctor!

If you would like to see a doctor who talks more about himself than showing concern for his patient than this is the doctor for you. Had my physical 2 months ago and can't get either the doctor or office to return any of my phone calls to let me know my test results. Unacceptable

March 23rd, 2013

Poor Bedside Manor, and Uncompassionate

Although Dr. Firshein may be educated, that does not mean he should be seeing patients. He is not forthcoming on information and when presenting diagnosis, does so in a "hit and run" manor. He should stick to research so that he doesn't have to deal with people. If it were just my experience I could say that maybe I am not looking at this in the correct light, however my family has had the same experiences where he has a dogmatic attitude, doesn't care about the patient and has absolutely no compassion. I hope this review will save someone the anger and pain that I and my family have experienced with this individual.

September 17th, 2012

He did not answer questions I had after the diagnosis was given. In fact the diagnosis ended up being incorrect! I ended up going to another doctor who did answer my questions and also accurately diagnosed me. Waste of time, time that could have gone towards my treatment.

June 23rd, 2011

Outstanding doctor with great bedside manner who takes the time to understand how you are feeling.

March 26th, 2011

Dr Firshein is smart and conservative. His real interst is hematology so he can come up short in some areas of internal medicine/primary care such as muscular skeletal issues. He does listen and will make referrals if you persist about you concerns.

August 10th, 2017