A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Murphy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Murphy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Murphy, MD is board certified in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Murphy graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Murphy has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Murphy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen Murphy practice?
Dr. Stephen Murphy practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care near Wilmington, DE.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Bryn Mawr, PA.
See Wilmington Surgeons and Wilmington Pediatric Surgeons.