Dr. Stephen Gervin MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Pembroke Pines, FL

• Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2017
should have listened to the poor reviews
Complete waste of time No manners and very rude . Should have listened to other bad reviews

March 17th, 2017
Great doctor
`I have Dr. Gervin to thank for correctly diagnosing me after no one else knew where my pain was coming from. Highly recommend him and he is FANTASTIC!!

February 4th, 2017
This was the worst experience I ever had with a Dr.
I came to Dr. Gervin for help with severe neck and back pain. He didn't take the time to look at all the notes and imaging or find out the history. He tells me that I was in an accident before, I know what to do. That was VERY RUDE. The MRI shows that I have herniated discs in my neck and back. He said he doesn’t see anything wrong and there is nothing he can do for me. I asked him what causing the pain. He said He Don't Know. REALLY?!! He said just take ibuprofen and swim in the pool. I am already on pain medications and muscle relaxers. I never felt so disrespected in my life by a Dr. This is NOT a Doctor who has the patient best interest at heart. He has NO bedside manners or empathy at all. I went to Dr. Gervin for pain relief with my insurance after reading some good reviews and left still in pain with no diagnosis. It was a complete WASTE of my time. I HOPE PEOPLE READ THIS and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. I am sorry for the nice staff that works for this Dr. He is VERY RUDE and CONDESCENDING. NO Doctor should be allowed to be rude and disrespectful towards patients who just looking for help.

April 5th, 2016
great visit - great doctor
I had been to many doctors and had about 5 different diagnosis and no one could pinpoint where my pain was coming from. I was very discouraged and tired of living in pain every day for over a year. Dr. Gervin ordered a new MRI because the MRI I had previously was bad quality. He did not hesitate to tell me that I have arthritis in my lumbar joints and my problem was not my 2 small herniated discs. Wonderful doctor who seems to know what he is talking about. I guess he has seen everything and treated everything so I trust his diagnosis.

September 18th, 2015
Dr Gervin is ok but the office staff is bad. If you can deal with the staff and have lots of patience, go see him. Otherwise, look for another neurosurgeon.

June 24th, 2015
Highly recommended
I am 42 years old and I had been dealing with an L5/S1 herniated disc for the past 3 years. The pain was so bad at times that I stopped going to the gym, as well as running and playing tennis because I was afraid my disc would slip out again. A few months ago, my disk slipped out even though I stopped exercising completely. I was in excruciating pain for a week and ended up in the ER. I went to see an orthopedic who recommended fusion surgery. Luckily I decided to get a second opinion and found Dr. Gervin via Google. After reviewing my MRI, Dr. Gervin suggested that I try NMR (Neuro Muscular Re-education) therapy. I completed the recommended 20 sessions within 4 weeks. He informed me that it would take approximately 3 months after the completion of the NMR therapy before I noticed a significant difference. He also recommended that I should not do any other exercise for 3 months except walking in the pool for 15-20 minutes a day. He was exactly right. I am pain free and fortunate that I didn’t go ahead with the fusion surgery. For some patients surgery may be unavoidable. They may be past the point where NMR therapy could help but it is definitely worth a shot before agreeing to fusion surgery that has a not so good success rate and many side effects.

June 1st, 2015
Very helpful
For almost 9 months, I had severe shooting pain and numbness on my right hand. Had a hard time brushing my teeth or shave. My PCP ordered C-Spine MRI and it indicated central herniation and Cervical Spondylosis. Extensive googling suggested that a surgery may not cure this 100%, so when my PCP referred to Dr. Gervin's office, I decided to give it a shot. Initially, I was skeptical about it and did not see any improvement during the first 2 weeks, but noticed some improvement from the 3rd week. I finished all my 20 sessions last month and now cured 85%. At times, I still have numbness in my right hand but it is manageable and not that often (I work extensively on computers). A big THANK YOU to Dr. Gervin. My special thanks to Brian who took care of all my therapy sessions. His politeness and the way he greets and treats really amazed me. You are always special under his care. THANKS BRIAN...Will sure stop by to say hello next time I pass by.

May 1st, 2015
Therapy helped me out a lot! Jorge and Brian are terrific!

March 23rd, 2015
So far great experience in a not so great situation.

March 17th, 2015
Amazing doctor!
The doctor took his time did not rush we spoke about my history and he listened. The doctor asked me a lot of question and really tried to understand the whole problem instead of interrupting me. I have herniated disc L4-L6 and his therapy program really helped me. I am amazed at how active I can be again and its all

July 29th, 2013
Only doctor I would trust for back surgery
Dr. Gervin does not recommend surgery unless it is the absolute only answer. There are many ways to "avoid the knife" that he recommends. I have complete faith and trust in his recommendations.

June 28th, 2013
Worse experience ever
This Dr is awful and needs to retire already, he does not care for patients I'm guessing unless you have a really good insurance!! I was reffered to this Dr due to having an inflammation of my brain and water accumulation and This is my third visit to this office the staff is not bad but The clown Dr. Treated me with direspect and could care less if anything serious is wrong with me, everytime I saw the clown he came up with a new excuse of something I needed to bring, Even tho he clearly got a CD MRI from the Hospital. He just shhh me away said stop wasting my time and walked out. I was left literally in tears. :'(
Doctor's Response

Insurance is NEVER a deciding factor when treating our patients, however what is focused on is a complete record, so that we have a complete understanding of the patients history, testing, etc. It is expected from the patient's that they obtain as much information to bring to their appointment, so an accurate diagnosis and treatment protocol can be obtained.