A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Gerwel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Gerwel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gerwel
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gerwel Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Gerwel graduated from Wroclaw Medical University.
Dr. Gerwel has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Jefferson Hospital
- Allegheny General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen J Gerwel MD is a male Surgeon, has 40 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen J. Gerwel practice?
- Dr. Stephen Gerwel has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Gerwel practices Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Surgeons.