A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Gorfine:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Gorfine is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Gorfine, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Anal Gland Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Rectal Cancer
- Restorative Proctocolectomy
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Gorfine graduated from University of Massachusetts, Worcester. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Gorfine has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Richard Gorfine MD is a male Colon/Rectal Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen R. Gorfine practice?
- Dr. Stephen Gorfine has 2 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Gorfine practices Colon & Rectal Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Surgeons.