inactive

Stephen A Grubb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 11th, 2016
He is a great doctor

April 15th, 2015
Received inaccurate diagnosis that was accurately diagnosed with same MRI by second opinion doctor

July 18th, 2014
i fffirst had my neck done and the surgery was awful, the recovery room nurse was a floater and she was awful an the care on post surgery ward was awful. as punishment for being so stupid, i went back and had my lower back done-i repeat the above judgments and add that post surgery i was in the nursing home in chapel hill, during one of my visits back to the office, i fell, i fell at the nursing home ..through all this, dr grubb was rude and insensitive and i suspect he uses some sort of drug. -i could go on and on but i'll just say that both surgeries failed, and my body is rejecting the hardware and and after the last sgy [18 1/2 hrs] my health has very much deteriorated and i am now phobic with regards to doctors. do yourself a favor and get someone else

October 22nd, 2013
operation no good.
dr. grubb is a very good man and doctor and his staff is excellent. BUT he told me that 90% on the operation that he could fix my problem. It didn't happen. I am worse.

July 4th, 2013
Dr. Grubb appeared feeble and feverish, when he saw me. Cognitively, he just was NOT there. My thoughts were that, 'if he was that sick, he shouldn't have come into work.' When he asked me a question, he didn't necessarily wait for an answer, or he would quickly override it with another question or comment unrelated to the first. I don't remember any eye contact really. The entire visit with him was very rushed, and seemed to last no longer than three or four minutes. My primary care physician referred me to this doctor for a nerve root compression lumbar. I was hoping to get some sort of insight and information on this. I got nothing. Dr. Grubb charged me roughly 500.00 for a hurried three min. visit, in which he simply stated that he could not help me. Probably what I remember most is how confused or physically wiped out he seemed to be. This man holds a lot of responsibility to be that spent or tired out on the job.

June 28th, 2013
the best spine surgeon
dr grubb operated on me 20 years ago and i have had a great outcome. yes i still get some back pain but nothing like what i had from DDD. No his bedside manner may not be great but he is a great surgeon and sorry he left chapel hill.

June 8th, 2013
Trustworthy Dr.
Dr. Grubb is an excellent surgeoon, I trust him and that is important in having someone work on your spine. However I do think the discograms that he insists on creats unnecessary risk because he already knows what needs done without those test and I think he is a bit cold about pain and although I agree with his philosophy on Physical Therapy I think he has PT over-rated and the cost is astronomical for PT and only his physical therapist will do causing those who are not local to have to drive. Even with these things I would not want anyone else to work on me. He worked on me after another Dr. messed me up and most spine Dr.'s won't touch you after someone has messed you up. I am grateful to him.

February 27th, 2013
Still Suffering
I have suffered for 3 years with back pain.I had great hope when I was able to see doctor Grubb.Sadly I left in tears.He seemed to be really tired and didn't tell me anything about my Back.Told me to stop smoking AND stop all pain meds.I was shocked being my pain was on a very high level.He also told me to return to work and contine doing hard labour.In the end I lost my job and home.I had one Doctor worried about my my spine and he laughed at me.Very hurtful! I tried to see another doctor and his office refused to send over my records,

January 30th, 2013
3 hrs.2 nurses,1PA...x-rays(plain films,which do not show extensive damage)...then a brief 15min. with a very rude dr.grubb,who lectured me about pain relievers and smoking.upon leaving the room he suggested i see someone else and by that time, i totally agreed.

January 22nd, 2013
dr grubb is a very good doctor he helps u with your pain and makes sure u dont have to suffer

November 15th, 2012
I would not recommend this physician to anyone.I was told to plan 4 hours for my visit and I was actually there about 5. Only 15 minutes with the PA, 10 min. for x-rays and about 10 minutes with Dr.Grubb The remaining time was spent in an extremely over crowded waiting area. Multiple people standing who were post surgery and one gentleman in tears.When I was seen by Dr.Grubb he was very rude. He was rolling around on a stool from computer to me asking questions and literally getting right in my face.He was hyper and erratic and loud.As far as examining me he touched my back one time.He was so obnoxious I told him I had no further need to discuss anything with him and left.He followed me out to give the office staff the treatment form and said to her "no follow up" and wrote on the form. When the lady gave me my copy it was marked F/U, he did not write the word "No" on the form. He did read the x-rays that were done and sent a report to the referring physician and was also very rude in the letter.