Two visits show details Two visits
by M Emanuel on Aug 30th, 2015

I had two appts with Dr Johnson's office--both times I saw Kate (his PA) who is really good. But I had to make these appts when Dr Johnson was "in office", and neither time did I EVER meet him. Ever!! I still haven't met him. I guess I didn't need surgery (which is a good thing!) and so didn't rate a meeting. The other good thing I got from Kate was PT (I've never had back issues before, although have a recent complicated medical history)and I consider PT a positive. My PCP and other specialists have referred me to a physiatrist (whom I love)--but Dr Johnson??? Who knows??? They have not pursued or recommended that avenue anymore. I don't. Would I refer others to him? No. He can't stick his head in the door and at least say hello????????? Common courtesy is not a foreign concept!!!! I would not refer friends etc to him. I am a nurse and have worked with and for MDs all of my adult life and this is totally bizarre. I really would not send my dog to him. If I eventually need surgery, I would go north (ie Boston) and not stop in Weymouth...

Jul 2nd, 2015

I had been experiencing stiffness in my neck with radiating pain down my arm and back. That part was bearable. It was when the muscle spasms in my upper back started that I decided to seek help. Long story short I was referred to Dr. Johnson by a friend who's brothers life was saved by Dr. Johnson after he was hit crossing a road. After a couple imaging tests I found out that my pain was called "cervical radiculopathy" due bone spurs (oseophytes) between C5 & C6. These spurs caused my disk to herniate and a foraminal stenosis (prior to surgery these terms were foreign to me). Dr. Johnson gave me all the info. and possible treatments. He never tried to sway me either for or against surgery. After months of unsuccessful PT I opted for ACDF surgery. That was 9 yrs ago and I have not had any pain in that region since. I am forever grateful for this Dr. And not that this matters...but he's nice on the eyes too! :)

Incredible doctor!!! show details Incredible doctor!!!
Jul 25th, 2012

I was in so much pain and was extremely fearful in having surgery, but Dr. Johnson's calm demeanor put my fears to rest. I can now say that I have gone from being in a wheel chair to walking with only slight pain when I am shopping or standing. I am so grateful to this man. I highly recommend him.

Jan 20th, 2012

My surgery with Dr. johnson went well, my problem lies in the fact that I had to wait 6 weeks (screaming in pain) for the actual surgery to happen. Also both visits I waited about 45 minutes... not easy to do when you are in extreme pain. With the exception of Kate (PA, his office if filled with a very uncaring staff.

I would def. recommend show details I would def. recommend
Apr 22nd, 2010

After initial 3 week wait for appt wherein I offered to go to another doctor, finally got call back. After that, it was easy sailing. I liked Doctor Johnson as he was intelligent and professional, and maybe even more important, the nurses raved about him. This tells volumes - I know from experience. Overall, it was a very good experience (minus initial incident). Follow up was excellent as his office called at least every other day to check on me (I did catch something at the hosp. that they were right on top of).

by Paul on Apr 7th, 2010

Saw him after being hit by a car. Very thorough and concerned. Very responsive to the dynamic needs of my post hospital care.