Dr. Stephen Johnson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 6th, 2016
Dr. Johnson and his staff including PA Kate Woods were excellent in guiding me in my decision about surgery (I am a healthy female in my 30s who had a microdiscectomy for an L4-L5 disc herniation causing disabling pain and immobility), in caring for me during the surgery, and for guidance after in how to avoid re-herniation. Dr. Johnson is kind, patient, and helpful, and an excellent surgeon. Thank you Dr. Johnson for helping me become immediately pain free and restoring my function!

July 2nd, 2015
I had been experiencing stiffness in my neck with radiating pain down my arm and back. That part was bearable. It was when the muscle spasms in my upper back started that I decided to seek help. Long story short I was referred to Dr. Johnson by a friend who's brothers life was saved by Dr. Johnson after he was hit crossing a road. After a couple imaging tests I found out that my pain was called "cervical radiculopathy" due bone spurs (oseophytes) between C5 & C6. These spurs caused my disk to herniate and a foraminal stenosis (prior to surgery these terms were foreign to me). Dr. Johnson gave me all the info. and possible treatments. He never tried to sway me either for or against surgery. After months of unsuccessful PT I opted for ACDF surgery. That was 9 yrs ago and I have not had any pain in that region since. I am forever grateful for this Dr. And not that this matters...but he's nice on the eyes too! :)

July 25th, 2012
Incredible doctor!!!
I was in so much pain and was extremely fearful in having surgery, but Dr. Johnson's calm demeanor put my fears to rest. I can now say that I have gone from being in a wheel chair to walking with only slight pain when I am shopping or standing. I am so grateful to this man. I highly recommend him.

January 20th, 2012
My surgery with Dr. johnson went well, my problem lies in the fact that I had to wait 6 weeks (screaming in pain) for the actual surgery to happen. Also both visits I waited about 45 minutes... not easy to do when you are in extreme pain. With the exception of Kate (PA, his office if filled with a very uncaring staff.

April 22nd, 2010
I would def. recommend
After initial 3 week wait for appt wherein I offered to go to another doctor, finally got call back. After that, it was easy sailing. I liked Doctor Johnson as he was intelligent and professional, and maybe even more important, the nurses raved about him. This tells volumes - I know from experience. Overall, it was a very good experience (minus initial incident). Follow up was excellent as his office called at least every other day to check on me (I did catch something at the hosp. that they were right on top of).

April 7th, 2010
Saw him after being hit by a car. Very thorough and concerned. Very responsive to the dynamic needs of my post hospital care.