A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Hanks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Hanks is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Hanks, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Hanks graduated from Case Western Reserve University , Cleveland.
Dr. Hanks has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Northwest Medical Center - Tucson
- El Dorado Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hanks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 2 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 4 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen Hanks practice?
Dr. Stephen Hanks practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Tucson, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Oro Valley, AZ.
See Tucson Surgeons.