A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Heier:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Heier is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Heier, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
Education & Awards
Dr. Heier graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Heier has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- Westchester Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Heier accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen K. Heier practice?
Dr. Stephen Heier practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Sleepy Hollow, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Valhalla, NY.