Dr. Stephen Hellems MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2
  • 8 reviews

January 27th, 2016
A good physician
My husband and I have seen Dr Hellems for over 30 yes. We have always had excellent and thorough care.if a new problem arises we do need to be seen- we can't be dx'd over the phone. Since moving to Unity its been a little trying to adjust my schedule for an emmergent appt, but that is not his fault. He is compassionate and very caring. If lab work is off he will call and speak to us. He had my aunt also and treated he with loving care. He's the best as far as I'm concerned and is at your bedside early in the morning to get you cured as fast as possible. We followed him from all his office changes. I do miss his other staff nurses and Pa's and NP. Miss them dearly!!!!!!

December 7th, 2015
not a the dr for you if you are in need of medical attention. a dr for the healthy.

April 11th, 2013
Rude bedside manner. Not personable. Office staff not capable of much. Lost blood work several times. Blood work not thorough. YOU need to be the DOCTOR if you go to this OFFICE. Because they are not very good ones.

July 31st, 2011
I have Copd
I have been going to see Dr Hellems for about 5 years now he is the best and I do recomend him to alot of people.

April 21st, 2011
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Hellems for several years.He has seen us through family deaths and emergencies, rehabiliation from a stroke, cancer, diabeties, and heart difficulties. His diagnoses have been accurate. He is a considerate and caring physician.However, as I have seen with my other doctors, give him complete and accurate information and follow his instructions accurately.

December 8th, 2010
One of the good ones
I am not the only one in my family who sees Dr.Hellems, and he is always pleasant and is very thorough. He was very compassionate when my mom was critically ill. I recommend him to all my friends.

October 26th, 2010
Good overall experience
I feel that Dr Hellems really cared about me as a person. He listened to my concerns and explained my options for medical treatment in very understandable terms. He remembered details about my family, and asked about them at other visits. It is a busy office, and while I wish that I had more time with him, I felt he took very good care of me.

June 13th, 2010
Needs to value patient
It seems to me he can't wait to get me out of the office and doesn't follow through. Seems like all he wants is money since if you want to talk to him with more than one question he never comes to the phone and he wants you to "come in". Very disappointing and I am switching