General Practitioner, Internist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by linda on Apr 11th, 2013

Rude bedside manner. Not personable. Office staff not capable of much. Lost blood work several times. Blood work not thorough. YOU need to be the DOCTOR if you go to this OFFICE. Because they are not very good ones.

Doctor's Response

I apologize for your poor experience. Please contact us to seek clarity.

|  I have Copd  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2011

I have been going to see Dr Hellems for about 5 years now he is the best and I do recomend him to alot of people.

|  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

My husband and I have been going to Dr. Hellems for several years.He has seen us through family deaths and emergencies, rehabiliation from a stroke, cancer, diabeties, and heart difficulties. His diagnoses have been accurate. He is a considerate and caring physician.However, as I have seen with my other doctors, give him complete and accurate information and follow his instructions accurately.

|  One of the good ones  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2010

I am not the only one in my family who sees Dr.Hellems, and he is always pleasant and is very thorough. He was very compassionate when my mom was critically ill. I recommend him to all my friends.

|  Good overall experience  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

I feel that Dr Hellems really cared about me as a person. He listened to my concerns and explained my options for medical treatment in very understandable terms. He remembered details about my family, and asked about them at other visits. It is a busy office, and while I wish that I had more time with him, I felt he took very good care of me.

|  Needs to value patient  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2010

It seems to me he can't wait to get me out of the office and doesn't follow through. Seems like all he wants is money since if you want to talk to him with more than one question he never comes to the phone and he wants you to "come in". Very disappointing and I am switching