Dr. Stephen Helper MD Patient Reviews

• 14 reviews

no change

March 13th, 2016
Best surgeon
best I have ever met. my ankle was really messed up and he used a lot of hardware to reconstruct it.

December 30th, 2015
Best decision you will ever make!
I couldn't believe all the amazing things I heard about Dr Helper, but truly, he ensures the best prep, implant, follow up and is kind and funny as well. It's truly wonderful to know there are doctors still doing what it takes to be exceptional!

December 16th, 2015
Best hip and knee Dr. in the world.

February 19th, 2015
Compassionate and very available to his patients

October 3rd, 2012
Dr Helper is an excellent professional in every way. I do have some issue with the staff following up with me after my MRI. It took over two months for me to get in touch with someone, calling every week. I finally got scheduled four months later. Otherwise, I have received excellent care from this office. Office is accessible too.

March 23rd, 2012
Dr. Helper is THE BEST for total hip replacement
Dr. Helper is among the small 10% of American surgeons who use the ANTERIOR method of hip replacement, which has only 1/10th the rate of dislocation, far faster healing, better recovery and better long-term result. I am so thankful that after speaking with a friend who has her hip replaced by Dr. Helper, I cancelled my scheduled surgery here in Alabama and instead flew up to Cleveland to meet with Dr. Helper. Yes, it takes a while to get an appointment with him - but it is WORTH IT. Do the research online regarding anterior vs posterior methods, and you will be grateful you did. I had 4 four-inch pins in my hip for the last 30 years, the result of a broken hip in 1977 and I could barely walk when I got to Dr. Helper. One week ago he pulled those pins and did a total hip replacement. I was out of the hospital in 3 days, and today, after just 1 week, I can already walk better & with less pain than I had before the operation. God bless Dr. Helper!!!

February 20th, 2012
hip replacement
Dr. Helper is a fine surgeon and he did a wonderful job on my hip. When I came to see him I was in a wheelchair from the pain. He made arrangements for my immediate surgery. Five month after I am doing very well. Thanks Doc.

October 3rd, 2011
Mr.
Dr. Helper replaced my left hip. Everything is as he said it would be. Recovery was easy and fast. Very little pain for a short time. If my other hip requires surgery, he will operate.

August 15th, 2011
knee replacement
I work in a long term care setting and have been impressed with his patient"s rehab. He comes highly recommended by the hospital and post hospital staff familiar with him. I was very pleased. I was back to work in 5 weeks.

April 19th, 2011
One Great Doctor
I just found this site as I was looking for Dr Helper for my sister who need hip surgery. I told here he is the man! No, I did not have any surgery performed by him YET but my mother did and all was fine. For some reason a few years later she ended up in a rehab center for an infection of all her joint and he went to visit with her there daily. One day as I was geting off the elevator and he was getting on and one of the nursing staff saw me talking with him. After he left she stopped me and told me how wonderful he was for visiting my mom daily in the rehab ( Which, btw, was not connected to the hospital..he had to drive there) Here all this time I thought that was part of his required follow up and here he was visiting with my mother on his own time to make sure she was cared for and comfortable. I will never forget him for that. He is a great surgeon and an amazing doctor..a rarity in this day and age!!!

August 8th, 2010
He Is Fabulous
Dr. Helper is one of the rarities in the medical profession. Not only is he an outstanding orthopedic surgeon, he is great at diagnosing and takes all the time in the world with you when seeing you in his exam room. Would never think of seeing anyone else as long as he's in practice.I personally know other patients who think he is a god. He is.

April 25th, 2010
Dr. Helper personally came after surgery and got me out of bed and walked with me every morning while in the hospital. The surgery went great and his caring about ME was exceptional. Several of my friends have gone to him and have had the same experience. HE IS ONE FABULOUS DOCTOR!! I need my other hip replaced and without question he is the only one I will call.