Dr. Stephen Hockenbury MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 19th, 2016
Excellent doctor
Dr. Hockenbury is an exceptional psychiatrist, who is kind, and easy to talk to, with impeccable integrity. I have been going to him for years, I am very thankful to be in his care. He is a real lifesaver, and I trust him.

July 21st, 2016
Would Recommend To Everyone
I have been with Dr. Hockenbury for 14 years. He has saved my life on more than one occasion. I am a very hard client to diagnose. I have multiple issues and only Dr. Hockenbury took the time to understand me on the inside as well as the outside. He has an excellent bedside manner and a comforting way about him. I have had him checked out by world famous Dr. Bear of NY. and he stated to me " He is on the cutting edge with mass combination medication and would consider him a top notch Dr. I drive over 150 miles for the last 3 years to continue my care and would go to the ends of the earth for a Dr of his Caliber.

October 20th, 2015
A Disheveled Office is the Hallmark of a Great Psychiatrist
Doc Hock is an unpretentious "regular" guy who happens to be a great shrink. He's easy-going, funny (dry sense of humor) and very easy to talk with. But he's also a skilled medical practitioner, tenacious about proper diagnosis and then carefully-crafting a treatment program tailored specifically for the patient. Don't be alarmed about his disheveled (but not dirty) office or casual appearance - these are the hallmarks of a great psychiatrist. I've seen three different shrinks in my lifetime. The first one had an impeccable office, but was worthless as a doctor. The second one, who retired and led me to Doc Hock, was great - and he had a messy office. Doc Hock is also great, and he also has a messy office. So, from my extensive research and experience, I've concluded that the best shrinks are the ones with messy offices.

March 4th, 2010
Gets the job done.
I would not see him if you are looking for therapy. If you are just needing a prescription and do your therapy elsewhere, he works out okay. Some days he really seems to care and spend extra time with me, others I barely spend five minutes in his office. He has canceled appointments multiple times.

May 14th, 2009
Compassionate Caring Doctor
I have been with him for 5+ years. It has taken a long time but we have ultimately acheived a high level of sucess.