Dr. Stephen Hribar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Hribar?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Hribar?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 15th, 2017

Excellent surgeon!

Dr. Hribar replaced both of my knees. The 2nd knee was done in May, 2016. I did not have any problems with recovery. Both surgeries went very well. I was able to return to work after 8 weeks. My only regret is that I didn't have them done when he first told me I needed a knee replacement. I caused weakness in my left leg by favoring my right leg. Thus, my right knee just went out on me one day and I had to have that knee replaced first. He's an excellent surgeon. I highly recommend him for knee replacements.

March 19th, 2017

Hips replacement surgery

He ruined my life. He did such a terrible job on my hip replacement that I'm in constant pain. The rod he put I n my leg is too long, but I didn't know that until it healed. Once he realized what he'd done, he dropped me like a hot potato. I never heard from him again. He had his nurse call and tell me I'd have to find another doctor. Some days I can barely walk, even with my cane. I've also had to purchase a liftchair as it's difficult for me to rise from a seated position. My life will never be the same.

May 6th, 2016

Dr. Hribar performed a Right Hip replacement approximately 9 years ago. From the beginning this total success hip replacement was a success. The Dr. chose a perfect implant for my young age (46 at time of Implant) and recovery was a breeze. I did my 8 year check-up today- Perfect, looks like I could get 20-30 years (No Issues). This Dr is personable, caring and most of all a Professional with a caring Human/Family oriented side. He supports the military and has been instrumental in allowing me to return to service and achieve retirement. My other hip (the one I have not had replaced yet) is beginning to fail- I have no doubt I will be seeking the skill and surgical skills Dr. Hribar provides for my future operation. God Bless you Dr. Hribar and STAFF- Thank you for being the professionals you all are and giving me a new lease on activity in the remaining years I have!

April 3rd, 2015

Bedside manner needs addressing

On my first visit, Dr. Hribar barreled into the exam room, and without even looking at me, threw my x-rays up on the viewer and began discussing my case. It was as if I wasn't there. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and did not leave, at once, as my head told me to do. I was in too much pain to not try to have someone, anyone, help me. Slowly, Dr. Hribar became more human and settled into a better bedside manner. Still, I had to start the in-depth conversation about my problem. Hribar listened, responded, adequately and seemed sincere. He also exhibited some warmth. And the treatment he recommended for me worked. But, I cannot shake that first impression of the first few seconds of meeting him. Dr. Hribar will have to work long and hard to erase my image of him as a somewhat callous and over-challenged MD.

November 20th, 2012

I would not go to anyone else for orthopedic problems. He used to be at the hospital in my hometown. He left and went to Sewickley. I drive approximately an hour one way to continue having him as my doctor. It is well worth the drive to have outstanding care!

June 14th, 2011

Excellent, caring, orthopedic professional!

Both my wife and I have used Dr. Hribar's services for various orthopedic problems.On separate occasions in different years, both knees were injured skiing and I broke my femur skiing. He provided accurate diagnoses and care for each incident and the knees are as "good as new" as a result. He is providing follow-up care for my fracture, since it occurred in Maine. My wife has seen him for a broken knee cap last year and a torn meniscus this year. She was diagnosed accurately and treated in a professional manner for both problems and has recovered.I would recommend him for any orthopedic issue as a warm, caring, completely professional care-giver.

May 5th, 2017