Dr. Stephen Hribar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 5th, 2016
Dr. Hribar performed a Right Hip replacement approximately 9 years ago. From the beginning this total success hip replacement was a success. The Dr. chose a perfect implant for my young age (46 at time of Implant) and recovery was a breeze. I did my 8 year check-up today- Perfect, looks like I could get 20-30 years (No Issues). This Dr is personable, caring and most of all a Professional with a caring Human/Family oriented side. He supports the military and has been instrumental in allowing me to return to service and achieve retirement. My other hip (the one I have not had replaced yet) is beginning to fail- I have no doubt I will be seeking the skill and surgical skills Dr. Hribar provides for my future operation. God Bless you Dr. Hribar and STAFF- Thank you for being the professionals you all are and giving me a new lease on activity in the remaining years I have!

April 3rd, 2015
Bedside manner needs addressing
On my first visit, Dr. Hribar barreled into the exam room, and without even looking at me, threw my x-rays up on the viewer and began discussing my case. It was as if I wasn't there. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and did not leave, at once, as my head told me to do. I was in too much pain to not try to have someone, anyone, help me. Slowly, Dr. Hribar became more human and settled into a better bedside manner. Still, I had to start the in-depth conversation about my problem. Hribar listened, responded, adequately and seemed sincere. He also exhibited some warmth. And the treatment he recommended for me worked. But, I cannot shake that first impression of the first few seconds of meeting him. Dr. Hribar will have to work long and hard to erase my image of him as a somewhat callous and over-challenged MD.

November 20th, 2012
I would not go to anyone else for orthopedic problems. He used to be at the hospital in my hometown. He left and went to Sewickley. I drive approximately an hour one way to continue having him as my doctor. It is well worth the drive to have outstanding care!

June 14th, 2011
Excellent, caring, orthopedic professional!
Both my wife and I have used Dr. Hribar's services for various orthopedic problems.On separate occasions in different years, both knees were injured skiing and I broke my femur skiing. He provided accurate diagnoses and care for each incident and the knees are as "good as new" as a result. He is providing follow-up care for my fracture, since it occurred in Maine. My wife has seen him for a broken knee cap last year and a torn meniscus this year. She was diagnosed accurately and treated in a professional manner for both problems and has recovered.I would recommend him for any orthopedic issue as a warm, caring, completely professional care-giver.

November 27th, 2010
Knee and shoulder pain
My PCP recommended Greater Pittsburgh Ortho Group as it was approved by my health care insurance. Made an appointment for shoulder and knee pain and was assigned to Dr Hribar. He was always in a hurry. He prescribed surgery for my knee and exercise for my shoulder. The knee surgery actually made my pain worse. I now regret having the surgery. Exercised my shoulder for 3 weeks with the rubber band he gave me. After the rubber band broken I shortened it continued to exercise but the pain kept getting worse. On the followup visit for my knee surgery I advise him of the continued issue with my shoulder and he suggested formal therapy. I chose not to continue under his care. I would not under any circumstances recommend this Doctor. He doesn't take the time to perform a proper diagnosis.

October 1st, 2010
I would not recommend this doctor. His bedside manner was poor and he didn't give my much information on my condition or what the prognosis was. His staff was short and abrupt and insisted that I had to wait two weeks to see him because he was on vacation, although the practice has more than 10 doctors.