Orthopaedic Surgeon, Radiologist, Allergist & Immunologist
6550 Fannin St
Ste 2600
Houston, TX 77030
713-441-9000
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Found the Right One!  |  show details
by Garland Pohl on Jul 28th, 2014

Needed a knee replacement for seven years. After an extensive trip to Asia last fall, it was obvious that the time had come. Asked friends who'd had the surgery and doctor friends for recommendations. Made appointments. All docs looked at the x-rays while I was seated in an examination room and told me they could do the job. No physical contact, no examination, but ready to operate. Not very satisfying - actually rather scary. Dr. Incavo's assessment was markedly different. He looked at a ribs to toes skeletal e-ray and pointed out the degree of deviation of the affected knee from 180 degrees, looked at the xray of the isolated knee. asked me to walk while he observed, looked at my spine and finally held my foot manipulating the leg to ascertain the articulation of the various joints. It was an overall very impressive assessment. I saw an operator who was using both art and science to make a judgment about potential treatment. I was impressed in a positive way and realized I'd found my doctor. He was willing to discuss options I was bringing to the table (so to speak) and flexible regarding certain requirements I had. The surgery went well according to the report and the speed of my recovery. I am very satisfied with the product ten weeks out from surgery and have almost completely recovered function of the knee. Any residuals I expect to heal with more time and exercise.

|  Boo  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2014

First of all I would tell my friends don't even think about going to this Doctor. Why? Because he leave love ones in the waiting rooms after surgery anxiously waiting for the report of how the love one made it through the surgery. Well he never shows up so, therefore you are grabbing Bibles and everything else thinking the worst. In other words he leave you sitting and waiting while he goes off to LUNCH!!! This Doctors bedside manners is horrible!!! "What Is That" to him! No respect, no consideration for his patient not let alone the patients Loved ones none whatsoever!!! Dr. Incavo, don't give a darn about nobody but his Pocket!!! I made it through the surgery Yes! But, it's the after affect later!!! No CPM machine after surgery!!! Knee had to be Manipulated because it Locked Up! After that I caught Pneumonia, I now have Blood Clots, knee heating up you name it! My knee is going to have to be Manipulated again! And yes! i find this to be true patients sre Relegated to the PA!!! Dr. Incavo will pay for mistreating patients!!! It might be going good now but guess what??? This Doctor will have pay for all the people he has treated like stray Dogs on the Street!!! Just a Cold Hearted No good Doctor and yes!!! FULL OF HIS SELF!!! NO GOOD FOR NOTHING!!! Now my leg will take forever to Heal now due to the complications I'm having!!! HORRIBLE DOCTOR! DON'T DO IT!!!

May 21st, 2012

Searched for a physician in different cities-Mayo Phoenix was one of the facilities. Dr. Incavo was my choice -hands down. Had two surgeries with him. First one was complex and the second was more routine.

|  Total hip replacement on 60ish Legg-Perthes patient  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

Fabulous job! Incredibly deteriorated hip caused great pain for years. Referred to Dr. Incavo by another surgeon because of his experience with complex or difficult situations. No stitches! Only glue and tape on the incision. Back to work in the chemical plant, no restrictions, in only 10 weeks. Only used a walker for a few weeks, then a cane for several more. Amazing!!

|  Serratia  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2011

Dr. Incavo used vicryl sutures on my TKR. They abcessed and his PA to whom I was relegated after the surgery (Dr. Incavo practises "cut and run") failed to recognize that there was an infection on my several post surgery visits. When I finally got to see Dr. Incavo, he said he didn't know what to do and referred me to a plastic surgeon. Following subsequent hospitalization, debridement and culture, it was determined there was a bacterial infection--serratia-- probably acquired at Methodist. I spent 10 days in the hospital taking Cipro and vancomycin via IV. My knee has had to be drained by another ortopedic doctor for a build up of fluid which made my knee so stiff that I could not walk. This has beeb a total nightmare. I would suggest you think twice before choosing this doctor based on my experience.

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Dr Incavo and his staff are caring and very concerned with overall health, not just getting me to surgery. He is a wonderful, good man and doctor. Most times, I've found people who complain about money expect doctors to be paid in eggs like the old days and don't think that doctors deserve to be paid for their work, like they took a vow of poverty. Overall, I am very happy with Dr Incavo. I sometimes feel he is late when treating other patients because I take up so much of his and his staff's time, but I'm never made to feel like this is a problem. I highly recommend Dr Incavo.

|  Hip Replacement surgery!  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

Dr. Stephen Incavo did my hip replacement 04-05-11 and I am doing very well and it is 05-2011. I would use him again in a heartbeat!!!!! Joy HarkleroadSeabrook, TX

Oct 27th, 2010

I think Dr.Incavo is a good surgeon. He eis blunt and doesn't mince words. however after sugery I had some problems and he was very caring and helpful to me in getting rehab set up etc.

|  personal note to Dr. Incavo.  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

Dear Steve,It's Paula Bass from VT. I'm looking for some advice. Have been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and have had a couple injections which last for a few months. Would you recommend someone here I might see? If not, where would you suggest I go? Is there anyone at your hospital that specializes in this?Hope all's well.Thank you.Paula Basspbassvt@aol.com

by Stanley on Dec 23rd, 2009

Dr. Incavo did revision surgery on my right knee. If he told me I needed my left knee replaced tomorrow, I'd be their at 6:00am the next day.Just need to remember, everyone has warts, like the people that gave him a bad review have. He's an excellent doctor.

|  Why are you a doctor?  |  show details
by An ex-patient on Jul 17th, 2009

This physician was arrogant beyond all measure. He just would look at you as if with distain. If he hates being a doctor he should find another profession. He was wrong in his diagnosis and treatment plan. He has an approach that is cold and standoffish. He has forgotten why people are there. If this was the only kind of dr. left in the world, I would never go again. Grow up and get over yourself.

Apr 25th, 2009

This MD has no bedside manners at all. He is rude and arrogant. He calls his self a doctor, well I call him a disgrace to the community. He has no self care about others around him. He's all about making money and screwing over others.I hope God has mercy on his soul. What comes around goes around and it comes back 7 times worse when you mistreat God's children.