Dr. Stephen Bishop MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 14th, 2013
One of the finest psychiatrists I've consulted (over 51 years)
I've consulted several psychiatrists during the 27 years I've lived in the greater Denver area; for 19 of them Stephen Bishop has been my doctor, helping me to manage an extremely difficult psychological disorder. He has done so with greater effectiveness and compassion than any psychiatrist or clinical psychologist I have seen: more than a dozen in my 62 years. Dr. Bishop is a polymath, able to access knowledge of many different fields during our discussions. His knowledge of psychology, psychiatry, and neurology surpasses that of many doctors I have consulted, and I myself hold a master's degree in psychology (making me a difficult patient to treat). His knowledge of psychopharmacology is up to date and impressive. He is an expert at what he does, and I know many psychiatrists who can't truthfully make that claim. What impresses me most about Dr. Bishop is not his skill at his profession, however. He is a good man: kind, caring, firm when he needs to be, honest, generous, and fair. He delivers bad news with understanding and compassion, and still has a sense of humor I find remarkable in a man who must deal with so many lost souls. He works as hard as any psychiatrist I have ever known, a sign of his dedication to his patients and his profession. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Stephen Bishop to anyone, young or old, in need of psychiatric help. Perhaps there are a few better psychiatrists than he, but I haven't met them, and no matter how depressed or anxious I may be, Dr. Bishop finds ways to lighten my burden and even make me laugh. Not many people can do that, but Stephen Bishop is a very unusual man.

June 13th, 2011
Very good
Has made a very positive difference in my life for the last 10 yrs.

February 9th, 2011
No call backs
Called and left numerous messages and never received a call back. I was going out of the country and needed more meds...never heard from him andam now in a 3rd world country without my meds. Nothng like having a mental moment while 6K miles away from home. Think I'll change Doc after almost 20 years. Sad.