A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Nicholas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Nicholas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nicholas
Knee Replacement Patient Education Read our knee replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Nicholas Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Nicholas, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Nicholas graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Nicholas has 3 hospital affiliations:
- White Plains Hospital Medical Center
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- NY Presbyterian Allen Pavilion
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen J Nicholas MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen J. Nicholas practice?
- Dr. Stephen Nicholas has 4 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Nicholas practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Scarsdale, NY and Garden City, NY.
See New York Surgeons.