Dr. Stephen Smith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Smith?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2014

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Smith. Before I met Dr. Smith I was told that I should abort my pregnancy at 8 weeks pregnant with triplets. My husband and I had tried to get pregnant for over 2 years and it finally happened. Dr. Smith was amazing. He was very friendly. Two of our triplets are identical and what you call MoDi twins thankfully Dr. Smith found the sac separating the twins. Throughout my pregnancy I met all the doctors at Abington Perinatal but I was hoping Dr. Smith would be the one who would deliver my daughters. I was very lucky and he was the one who delivered them. I ended up having to go under General. When I woke up I was moving around trying to get comfortable because of the pain. Dr. Smith told me to stop moving very nicely and to this day I feel if it wasn't his voice I heard I wouldn't have realized what was going on as fast as I did. My first question for him was "How are my babies?" He smiled at me and said "You did perfect they are doing fine!" They are now three happy and healthy 3 year old!" I could not say enough good things about Doctor Smith!"

July 11th, 2012

Arrogant misdiagnosis...

I switched doctors half-way through my twin pregnancy because I was so unhappy with Dr. Smith. He misdiagnosed my son with a birth defect that he did not ultimately have. Now, I understand that false positives happen, but it was really his arrogance and demeanor when giving us the news that I find the most fault with. He told us "well I don't expect you to walk out of here smiling..." He was also extremely sure of his diagnosis after only performing 1-2 minutes of ultrasound. He provided no references for physicians treating the supposed defect at birth. My husband and I just walked out dumbfounded. We switched to a different perinatologist who had a much better bedside manner and wasn't quite as sold on the former diagnosis. When my children were born it turns out my son was just squashed due to being a twin and had been sitting funny in my belly. No birth defect, no treatment required. While I am ultimately just extremely grateful and thankful that my son is healthy, I will never forget how I cried everyday for a month following that diagnosis. If you are looking for bedside manner and proper follow-up should a problem occur during your pregnancy, look elsewhere.

September 11th, 2009

dr. smith was vital in the care of my triplet pregnancy. i cannot say enough about how professional and friendly dr. smith was to both my husband and myself. he was very encouraging throughout the pregnancy, and even more so after the delivery. he has an excellent bedside manor and takes the time to make sure all your questions are answered thoroughly. kudos to you dr. smith and to your staff as well.

December 7th, 2016