A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Johnson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Johnson
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Johnson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Johnson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnson graduated from Duke University , Durham.
Dr. Johnson has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- CentraHealth LGH/VBH
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Morgan Johnson MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Stephen M. Johnson practice?
- Dr. Stephen Johnson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Johnson practices Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease near Lynchburg, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Bedford, VA.
See Lynchburg Internists and Lynchburg Pulmonologists.